+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTD.For Quad 66 Pre.

I'm Peter.

Default WTD.For Quad 66 Pre.

Looking for a pair of MM(3mV) phono boards for a Quad 66 Pre-Amp.These are the ones that were supplied as standard and you then had to purchase MC versions as required.The part No. is Q66DMKM.

I'm Dave.

Default Quad 66

Peter, I don't know if these are any good for you. They are Q66MMIM.
    Dave

I'm Peter.

Default Quad 66 pre

Hello Dave,
    Thanks for your reply.I have looked at the values of the caps and resistors on your beautifully clear picture and they tie in with a schematic I have of the boards that I need.I don't know why the part Nos. are different to the numbers that I have found but the description of 3mV 47k 220pF is certainly matching.

I have just done a bit more research since starting this reply and I have found out that the version you have are the RIAA type.I'm even more confused now because I thought that the RIAA standard was on the part No. that I quoted in the original post.
    Anyhow the only question now is how much do you want for them as I'd like to give them a try? I have given up hope of finding my original boards which is not too surprising considering the changes of equipment over the years since I bought the 66.
    Thanks again, Peter.

I'm Dave.

Default Quad 66

Peter, knowing the guy these came from, they will have been experimental, expensive and unusual. Send me your address and I'll send them out to you and you can give them a go, If they are no good for you, just send them back, if they are what you are after then make a nice donation to my charity - whatever you think is reasonable :-)
    Dave

I'm Peter.

Default Pre 66

Thanks Dave,
    You have e-mail.
    Peter.

I'm Peter.

Default Quad 66 pre

Hi Dave,
    More e-mail on the way.
    Peter.

I'm Peter.