+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Your views

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Aye. We always go the extra mile, us; so we do

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm CaughtBetweenTheDevilAndTheDeepBlueSea.

Talking "Search" facility

Hail, O Mighty Forum Overlords!

To date, I've been relatively content with the excellent work you've been dispensing

However, having said that, there are times when I wish to bring up a particular subject but stopped myself; for "fear" that the subject might've been broached before and I'd (by implication) be labelled as being too lazy (which in fact I am ) to scour the forum for the relevant thread.

So for convenience sake (subject to the limitations of whatever software you're running) and to assuage my fragile ego, would it be at all possible to implement a search feature in the forum to accommodate lazy people such as myself?

Regards,

Malek
    MALEK
    There is no way to happiness... Happiness is The Way...

Yo baby, iz yoo blynd?

The search button is up at the top of the page between "New Posts" and "Quick Links".............

Betta get yaself a new pair of bi-focals!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm CaughtBetweenTheDevilAndTheDeepBlueSea.

See the extent of my Sloth??? I couldn't even take the effort to properly scan the entire page for that all-"elusive" Search feature :-P

Regards,

Malek

p.s. Got 20/20 vision (and beyond); so not quite ready yet to subject myself to having anything (aside from the rest of my face) perched on the bridge of my nose
    MALEK
    There is no way to happiness... Happiness is The Way...

See the extent of my Sloth???
    Hehehe.... Indeed! Anyway, Malek, as long as you're happy now me old chum

Marco.
    Main System

Upon bending over backwards we fail to see what we've already done to accommodate folks.

Such is life eh?

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Hmmm, i guess everyone is different. Just had a basic look at this thread from the beginning & kind of skipped through it

Tbh i don't think there are too many 'rooms' as some like to call them

I have been on quite a few forums & in all honesty it did take me a while to work out where to post stuff as imo there aren't that many at all Once you get round the rather obscure (but aptly named) sections it all begins to make some sense.

I was a mod on a couple of forums (nothing to do with hifi or music) & these all had far more sections & subsections on the sections Strangely this made some sense, it took me a good week or two to find the right areas here to go about my business without fear of getting stuff moved.

All good things come to those who have a little patience Speaking from someone who is or used to be used to about 50 sections on a forum or more.

One thing i have noticed is that there are a good quantity of extremely nice people on here. I have been & still am involved with certain people that i have met elsewhere on other forums, though i have never gotten to the stage of actually trading with any other forum members except on here. It appears to be a given thing that no-one is going to mess anyone else about. Though it's the butt end of 'forum police' jokes i actually think that getting members to provide a basic location & first name is a damn good thing, it gets it on a more personal level & this is where trust is gained.

It appears to be a rather good place to be

Me, i just want to say well done to Marco, the admin & mod team A big thumbs up to all the members that make this place what it is to, no members = no forum

Not that the mods have much work to do imo Take it from me, you have a very nice life here as a mod, unless i'm missing something? nono.gif

If i can think of anything that might improve things here i'll speak up rather than just praising the place
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Neil.

Cheers Mark we all do our collective best

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm ILOB.

It can get messy sometimes Mark but its a great place
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I can hear Elton's dulcet tones in the distance - Can you Feel the Love Tonight... Heck, I'm even playing George Michael (really!) so a manly group hug with plenty of back patting (and nothing else!) is in order!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast