+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More Kef speaker questions

I'm Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    I haven't got a clue what you have there as certain things are not making sense

What you have is a kit of components, the two bass/mid drivers, the two tweeters & the standard Kef crossover in a pair of enclosures I have a feeling that someone has stapled the kit checklist to the back of the enclosures & they are homemade, but probably done pretty well by the look of it

I remember receiving a Kefkit of a pair of B200, crossover & T27 as a 13 year old kid (lucky for some) & you don't get an enclosure - hense the kit bit

These look even earlier though in all honesty... No-one would sell a commercial set of speakers with "kit" in any part of the equation

E2A:- 1970 says it all... I was 13 in 1979
    Right ok, Im confused to.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Mark they are Kef K4 they are the real units used as i outlined post No.4 about circa 1967/68

Joe: their should be a sticker on the side of the tweeter magnet stating 6340
    So do you know what the KK4 come with as a kit?

But then if you say 67/68 how come the checklists are dated 70?

there was loads of stickers in the box when i took them apart yesterday looks as if the stickers had fallen off over the years! im going to go take a picture of the crossover shortly and will look at the stickers on them then
    - Joe

I'm Nobody.

This is getting messy What i'm saying is that clear/cream dome you have on yours came out around 1967ish, the last time these were used at a guess would be around 1970, so the label is most probably right.

I'm Joe.

This is getting messy What i'm saying is that clear/cream dome you have on yours came out around 1967ish, the last time these were used as a guess would be around 1970, so the label is probably right.
    Yeah it is getting abit confusing

That makes sense then
    - Joe

I'm Nobody.

Nothing confusing really

You have 'KK4'. The 'KK4' used 'T27' (Type 6340) & The 'B110' (Type 6362)

That specific tweeter type came out around 1967 ish was used upto around 1970
    That specific Woofer came out around 1966 ish was used in the 'KK4' in 1969, as the later 'T27' came out around 1971 ish your check card is more than certainly right.

One thing you surely noticed between yor tweeter apart from the colour of the dome is it doesnt have external leads on the face plate like you saw on the later 'T27'

I'm Joe.

Nothing confusing really

You have 'KK4'. The 'KK4' used 'T27' (Type 6340) & The 'B110' (Type 6362)

That specific tweeter type came out around 1967 ish was used upto around 1970
    That specific Woofer came out around 1966 ish was used in the 'KK4' in 1969, as the later 'T27' came out around 1971 ish your check card is more than certainly right.

One thing you surely noticed between yor tweeter apart from the colour of the dome is it doesnt have external leads on the face plate like you saw on the later 'T27'
    Yeah that makes perfect sense!

Do you have anymore infomation on the KK4?

I was woundering about the serial numbers seem really low to me, so do you think this is a fact that they never made many or was a early kit?
    - Joe

I'm Nobody.

Hi
    There's nothing else to know, you obviously have the 'SP1007' crossover!..you obviously have cabinets. When you bought the kit you only got the units X-Over, Baffle board & bits, you had to make the cabinets to plan.. I can find you some spec if you wish.

Personally i would keep them & make good use of them or just give them me so i can make myself a pair of original Cresta's out of em

I'm Joe.

Hi
    There's nothing else to know, you obviously have the 'SP1007' crossover!..you obviously have cabinets. When you bought the kit you only got the units X-Over, Baffle board & bits, you had to make the cabinets to plan.. I can find you some spec if you wish.

Personally i would keep them & make good use of them or just give them me so i can make myself a pair of original Cresta's out of em
    I see Thanks,

Yeah if you dont mind specs would be good incase i ever devided to build new boxes ect.

I was planning on keeping them anyway so wont be going anywhere just yet
    - Joe

I'm Alex.

As mentioned earlier, your tweeters were not used in the LS3/5a, but yours, or similar were used in the LS3/5. I seem to recollect that Falcon did a crossover for the LS3/5, they may still do it.
    Spendorman

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by spendorman View Post
    As mentioned earlier, your tweeters were not used in the LS3/5a, but yours, or similar were used in the LS3/5. I seem to recollect that Falcon did a crossover for the LS3/5, they may still do it.
    They do it's the 100T

I'm Alex.

That might be something, to build a pair of LS3/5 clones, would certainly sound much better than the original KEF Cresta or Coda.

I have original KEF Coda's and they sound quite coloured compared to my Chartwell LS3/5a and my clone LS3/5a
    Spendorman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast