+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrexham revisited

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Default Wrexham revisited

After my post about record shops in and around Wrexham/North Wales, I intended following it up with pics of the food Del cooked Marco and I.

So, here goes.

Whilst down in Welshpool for a food and drink festival thingy, Del bought this lovely big free range chicken.

And bloody lovely it was too.

This is one of the chefs that was doing a cooking demo, making soufflé if I remember correctly.

As well as some burger vans, hog roast stalls and freshly made ice cream, there was a girl selling fresh oven baked pizzas.

Just the thing for a lunchtime snack, before we sampled some scrumpy.

Very relaxing and in nice picturesque surroundings.

Back home and Del's busy in the kitchen again, rustling up a gorgeous Sunday lunch.

Gravadlax, bean salad and some pickled veg to start

followed by roast beef, Yorkshire puddings and loads of veg.

I thought I had more food pics, but can't seem to find them just now.

So I'll leave you with pics of the two cats, Mitzi and Abella.

Mitzi

Abella

ATB

David

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Poor lass. Seems like she's tied to Marco's apron strings, cooking up all that loverly looking grub every day

Cats lovely as always - bleedin' dangerous with all those candles about though

Glad you love the area as I do. Too tied up here in more ways than one to even think of "going home," so piccies will have to suffice
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

I'm starving to death just looking at all that fodder

I'm Steve.

Del is a brilliant cook, I am sure Marco is too. They are both very gracious hosts who go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Glad you love the area as I do. (
    It is indeed a great area, even better when you hosts are Del, Mitzi and Abella.

Oh, and Marco too.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I'm starving to death just looking at all that fodder

This was very tasty too, but I can't remember what it was.

Every time I've gone down to Marcos, we always go to Pant-yr-Ochain, about five minutes drive away.

I can heartily recommend the home-made burger.

Quote Originally Posted by aquapiranha View Post
    Del is a brilliant cook, I am sure Marco is too. They are both very gracious hosts who go out of their way to make you feel welcome.
    Del is a brilliant cook, the best meal I've ever eaten was her veal chops, veal escalopes and risotto.

Even the cats make you feel welcome.

ATB

David

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Ya b'stards, talk about looking scrumptious

Pics like this should be banned from the site, you bu**ers make me want to eat something tasty

What a view to Beautiful!
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Just noticed this thread

Great pics, mate - glad you enjoyed the scran chez-nous! We very much enjoyed your company. Here's to plenty more sessions in future!

Marco.

P.S The dish you couldn't remember was aged and matured local Welsh ribeye steaks, mariniated and infused in lemon, garlic and fresh rosemary, then barbecued, along with some pork ribs

The Falua Dao red wine was a bit of a stonker, too!
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Just noticed this thread

Great pics, mate - glad you enjoyed the scran chez-nous! We very much enjoyed your company. Here's to plenty more sessions in future!

Marco.

Oh aye, certainly enjoyed the food, but thought I'd taken more pics than I did.

Looking forward to some more sessions, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    P.S The dish you couldn't remember was aged and matured local Welsh ribeye steaks, mariniated and infused in lemon, garlic and fresh rosemary, then barbecued, along with some pork ribs

The Falua Dao red wine was a bit of a corker, too!
    And bloody good it was too. Can't find pics of the veal, though. That was probably the best meal I've ever eaten.

As André would say,
    ATB

David

+ Reply to Thread