View Poll Results: Please rate the album

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 out of 5. (Not a chance mate I'd sooner listen to the St. Winifred's School Choir!)

0 0%
  • 2 out of 5.

4 25.00%
  • 3 out of 5.

7 43.75%
  • 4 out of 5.

3 18.75%
  • 5 out of 5. (I want to marry the lead singer and have his babies)

2 12.50%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Album Club: 25.10.2011: Big Star - #1 Record

I'm ChrisB.

Cover versions?
    Yes there have been quite a few.
    From '#1 Record'

'Feel': by The Posies

'The Ballad Of El Goodo': by Evan Dando, Matthew Sweet, The Counting Crows, Trip Shakespeare

'Thirteen': by Elliott Smith, Wilco, Garbage, dEUS, The Counting Crows, Magnapop, Mary Lou Lord, Kathryn Williams, Happy Flowers,

'ST 100/6' by The Dambuilders

Plenty of covers of their other songs too, but I suppose most notable would be:
    Jeff Buckley who did 'Kanga Roo' on Mystery White Boy, The Bangles, The Replacements, Teenage Fanclub & Kristen Hersh

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Blimey! I knew you'd know! Can't wait to find the Evan Dando version - I love his voice and that is probably the strongest track.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ChrisB.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Rich.

Ok, so another late vote from me... yet another ebay purchase for a quid I've finally got round to listening to (the double album twofer originally mentioned). I gave it a 3 after a first listen as there wasnt anything there to offend my ears but no immediate stand out tracks either. I'm intending to put in the car for the week ahead so its warranted a closer listen for when my mind is wandering in the inevitable traffic.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234