+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted Turntable.

I'm Michael.

Default Wanted Turntable.

I have a much modified Rega RB300 that is crying out for a turntable, Any quality unit considered, maybe a Thorens, older Linn, etc. but open minded. Would prefer to collect, N/E area. I dont really want a re-build or needing lots of restoration. I.E not shabby. Price paid would depend on condition and location. Have you a TT that is not used?
    Failing this the Rega can go to a new home.

I'm Angus.

Default Re: turntable wanted

Hello Mike,
    You may be the Mike Greenwood that I was trying to obtain a Dylan vinyl recording for, without success?

In any case, I have a Thorens TD160, the original with the 10mm main bearing, in good condition in a hardwood plinth, finished black. It has most of the SRM-Tech Thorens upgrades, and currently has an RB300 fitted, so I can provide two methods of mounting an RB300. Even the lid is in good condition, but there are no hinges - I just rested the lid on top when I wasn't using the table.

Although I live in Northampton shipping would not be a problem. The unit is currently stored in the shipping box that I made when I took the TT with me to the USA and back when I lived there, with absolutely no damage whatsoever.

I hadn't yet got to the point of selling, so haven't worked out what price I would look for. If you are interested I will get you some pictures, including the shipping box.

Let me know how this sounds to you.

Regards

Angus

I'm Michael.

Yes would like a picture.

rgds mike
    Last edited by mikegreenwood; 21-10-2011 at 13:58. Reason: Advisable to prevent spam attacks

I'm ChrisB.

Mike,
    I've deleted you email address from the above post as I think it's probably not the best thing for your sanity to have it published for all the spammers on the planet to find. I'd suggest that you & Angus use the PM facility to exchange details (and/or email addresses).

Of course, I'm happy to restore your email address to the post if you so wish!!!!

I'm Michael.

Many thanks. Take your point. Mike

I'm Angus.

Default Re: turntable wanted

Sound advice Chris.

Mike, PM sent.

Regards

Angus

I'm Michael.

Still looking!

I'm Dave.

Mike, I have a Garrard 401 in excellent condition, though it is not in an enclosure, I've had it working and you are welcome to come around and test it - I live in the Consett area.
    Cheers,
    Dave

I'm Mark.

Sent you a pm regarding the Garrard just n case the offer is not taken up.
    Mark

I'm Jason.

Hi Mike, I also have a turntable for sale its on page 3 in the for sale items. Its a Michell gyro with orb platter and HR power supply plus other bits for the deck just needs a arm.

Cheers

Jason

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast