+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clock upgrades for VRDS 7

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

The Audiocom Superclock 4's are excellent, I've tried Burson, Trichord and a Tent XO, the Audiocom gave best performance, their XO's are also discrete.
    Marks also extremely helpful so highly recommended .
    Cheers,
    Leo

I'm john.

Mark ever thought a about just using as a transport and buying a dac?I have a vrds25x as using it as a transport throught a eastern elecric mini tub dac.with great results

jon

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    One thing to watch - what reference are you using with all these expensive upgrades? if it's a "nicer" sound to your ears then I'd be very suspicious myself - but then, I'm getting cynical in my old age. Where Marco's CD player is concerned, I very much look forward to hearing it one day, but so much has been done to it it makes me wonder if Sony's engineers really knew how to design CD players at all??????? - especially in a top-line model as his is..... S'cuse me for saying this, but don't go too mad thinking that the original designers didn't know what they were doing in the first place - please
    Regulation and clock circuits have greatly improved over the years , upgrading an old classic unit with these improved things can give great results. It may seem a faff but can honestly be worthwhile
    Performance increase will vary depending on the unit and quality of existing clock circuitry.
    Cheers,
    Leo

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1 View Post
    Mark ever thought a about just using as a transport and buying a dac?I have a vrds25x as using it as a transport throught a eastern elecric mini tub dac.with great results

jon
    Part of the fun of it for me is to tweak older stuff to improve the performance. I learn stuff along the way and I almost never get the soldering iron out at work these days. I've got a speaker build going on in the background as well.

If you're just using it as a transport would you like to swap your 25x for my 7?
    Mark

I'm john.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingdong View Post
    Part of the fun of it for me is to tweak older stuff to improve the performance. I learn stuff along the way and I almost never get the soldering iron out at work these days. I've got a speaker build going on in the background as well.

If you're just using it as a transport would you like to swap your 25x for my 7?

er NO

jon

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by leo View Post
    The Audiocom Superclock 4's are excellent, I've tried Burson, Trichord and a Tent XO, the Audiocom gave best performance, their XO's are also discrete.
    Marks also extremely helpful so highly recommended .

I've looked at the Audiocom stuff and the clock 4 and psu looked a bit on the expensive side. But if it is good value for money. I'll have to do some more research and convince myself a bit to splash that sort of cash.
    Mark

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12