+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS (possibly) - Sony SCD777ES

I'm Steve.

Default FS (possibly) - Sony SCD777ES

Not totally convinced about this, so more of an interest check at this point.

A fine, unmodified example of Sony's increasingly rare battleship-build SACD player.

For those who can't remember the uber-cool missile-silo door arrangement, here's a pic:

Cracking SACD player if you have some, but also a fab CD transport - actually probably one of the best transports you can own if you have a DAC that's up to the job.

In fact the more I write this, the less sure I am that I want to sell the damn thing! Unfortunately my iMac/V-Link/NAD M2 combo is sounding so good that my archive of CDs rarely get an outing, so it's a bit of an indulgence top keep just because it looks good and the door is cool!

Also the discovery that I can stream a high-res SACD digital output from my 1st-gen PS3 means I don't even need it's SACD capabilities now.

Anyway, these don't come up very often and can be modded into a storming player, so if anyone is interested, drop me a line.

Thanks folks

Steve
    Steve aka 'Twelvebears' (it's a long story)
    System: Technics 1210 Mk5, Jelco 750 arm, AT33EV via MF X-LP2 Phono Stage, Oyaide mat and record clamp. SB Touch via Marantz PM-11S1 amp and Wilson Benesch A.C.T. speakers. Mark Grant cables and PS Audio Power Plant Premier mains regenerator.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm andy.

Since this is a interest check with no price and i am interested, i'll offer £80.00 delivered?.
    Frank...made me do it.

I'm Guy.

Hi Steve

What kind of price are you looking for?

Guy

+ Reply to Thread