+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New kitten, chez-Marco

I'm Steve.

Lovely Marco, as you know I like cats. I still have Callie (12 now) and our neighbour has four cats, who always come and say hello!
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm Adam.

He's a beauty Marco!

Doubly sad for me though, as we had to have our cat put down just over a month ago due to an inoperable tumour in his jaw. I thought I'd got over it but Mrs. B is working in America for two weeks at the moment and I've been amazed at how the house feels so horribly empty and quiet with just me in it.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Cheers, guys... He's such a lovely furry wee thing, with a great temperament. Being a completely feral stray, we were expecting him to be rather nervous and shy (not to mention wild), but he's the complete opposite!

Despite having the run of the whole house - and in our old lodge there are 100s of nooks and crannies to hide, he prefers to come and sit on the settee and on our laps (his snuggled in beside me as I'm typing this on the laptop, purring away), which is just lovely..... And the tiny little tot that he is, he's bossing the other cats around. It was really funny last night watching this little ball of fluff chase Abella (who's about 5 times his size) around the house!

And so far, he's not destructive at all, although we'll see what he makes of the Christmas tree, when he's introduced to that later in the year.... None of our antique decorations or hand-blown glass baubles will be going out, that's for sure!

Adam and Dave, I'm sorry to hear that you're missing your cats. I know how it feels, and it's not good. Neither Del or I could ever imagine our house without cats in it, so we'll make sure that there will always be some around and support the Cat Protection League, as much as we can, and give cats a home who need one

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Keith.

What a smashing little kitten, Marco

I love cats, but am very allergic to them, so haven't owned one for 15 years or so

Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Neither Del or I could ever imagine our house without cats in it, so we'll make sure that there will always be some around.
    I couldn't agree more. We haven't invested in a new cat so far as we're (attempting!) to buy a new house at the moment. Rest assured, though, when we move, one of the first additions to the new place will be a feline presence.

P.S. - Here's the old fella a few months back. RIP Jack!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Adam & Marco, so glad you fellas also like our feline friends, as so many men don't...

When we had to take Ollie to the vet's for the last time, we walked back and the house seemed to echo more, it was so empty. I can't explain it, but having a little purring presence around and about just helps - I'm sure they like to spread their auras around "their" territory.

Marco, don't you worry about little Emrys - he's found his "home" and I bet he'll be forever grateful for it, and you two taking him in
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Dominic.

Hi Natalie here, this is our latest edition. She's called Coco and has just turned 4 months old. However, when we took the pic she was approx 9 wks old. She is the runt of a five litter bunch, sadly their mum was killed when she was 3 wks old and they were all hand reared and they have all survived and are spoiled rotten. Coco is the tiniest kitten we have had and she is just adorable. She will go to anyone and I think she believe she is a human. She is a little bully with the other three and they are all three times bigger than her. Marco, your little ginger tom is absolutely gorgeous.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

He-he, another little bundle of trouble

I'm Dominic.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    He-he, another little bundle of trouble
    Your absolutely right Dave, she really is a little bundle of trouble. She has just been in the kitchen throwing her 2 pounds of weight about

Natalie

I'm David.

I want my dinner - NEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast