+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jelco SA 750D.

I'm Geoff.

It will have the same resistive effect.

I can only think of one maker that damps the arm/headshell actually at the front and that's Townshend. SME and Mission arms use a trough & paddle just ahead of the arm pivot point. Decca, Mayware and others have a fluid well within the arm pivot top.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Ake.

I am planning on using a Denon 301 mk2 on a Jelco 750D,do I need extra wight on the headshell then?

I'm Ralph.

I don't think the DL301 suspension is as stiff as that of the DL103 so I'd go with the stock headshell for starters and see where it takes you.
    Ralph.

I'm Ake.

Ok,when I bought the 750D I got the original counterweight but allso a one wich weighs more,wich one to use?

I'm Rav.

I ran a SA-750D with a DL301-MKII for a short while, simply because that was the only cartridge I had spare on hand. I used both the stock Jelco headshell and also a Audio Tecnica AT-LH13 headshell. The Audio Technica headshell worked much better.

You will not need to use the heavy counterweight. I was suprised that the DL301-MKII worked surprisingly well in the SA-750D.

I'm Steve.

I used a 103 on my Garrard 401 i a 750D. I used the Sumiko headshell and it tracked no bother. Whether it will suit your Rock though is a different matter.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Temsa View Post
    I am planning on using a Denon 301 mk2 on a Jelco 750D,do I need extra wight on the headshell then?
    You will not need any extra headshell weight. The 301 mk2 is quite a different beast to a 103.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

Imho you can run Denon 103 but this cart does not behave great in the Jelco. To me it seems like weight wise all is matching but i think some internal construction is not completely on pair to behave like real heavy arm Like Fidelity Research type ones. I really like Jelco with Denon 207,301 and 304 also Zyx works very good. I think jelco might be very solid performer for all carts that require medium mass to light heavy arm. I used ortofon 9000 shell for weight and ADC magnesium one when i needed to reduce mass. I did not like damping fluid at all and got rid of it quickly. I think this arm is good till Reed /Triplanar/sme level. I have 10.5 version of this arm .

I'm Ake.

Today I got my DL301 II,and it came with a overhang dummy shell,for adjustng the overhang.
    But how much should the overhang be?

I'm Bastien.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelred View Post
    Imho you can run Denon 103 but this cart does not behave great in the Jelco. To me it seems like weight wise all is matching but i think some internal construction is not completely on pair to behave like real heavy arm Like Fidelity Research type ones. I really like Jelco with Denon 207,301 and 304 also Zyx works very good. I think jelco might be very solid performer for all carts that require medium mass to light heavy arm. I used ortofon 9000 shell for weight and ADC magnesium one when i needed to reduce mass. I did not like damping fluid at all and got rid of it quickly. I think this arm is good till Reed /Triplanar/sme level. I have 10.5 version of this arm .
    Do you think the 12" Jelco (750L) could work better with the DL-103 (heavier, effective mass is 26g).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast