+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "TX2575 Naked Foil Resistors"

I'm fightingmywayoutofawetecho.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiocom View Post
    Hi Leo

Over the next few weeks I am going to be evaluating the TX2575 in a Sony DAS-R1 using a pair of TDA1541A S2 DAC's, I will report back.

Best Regards,
    Mark Bartlett
    Would you like to use mine to try it Mark?

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

Hi Mark,

They're TF020's , others I tried are Riken, Caddock MK132, Vishay S102, a few cheap ones was Dale RN60, Wellwyn RC55 (did not like the RC55)

The TF020's are pretty transparent and not bad priced

Just had a look at the datasheet, it seems their not classed as nude types

Cheers,
    Leo
    Last edited by leo; 09-11-2008 at 11:31.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Walker View Post
    Would you like to use mine to try it Mark?
    Hello Ian

Nice to see you here again. I have prepared the list of resistors for the DAS-R1 analogue stage and will be starting by testing between 2-4 signal resistors to perceive the changes compared to the existing Carbon type. Despite the fact that on paper Carbon resistors are nosier than other types, the higher quality Japanese type’s sound very good.

If you are interested in the TX2575 for your DAS-R1 the upgrades could be arranged for your DAC once I have established performance, quantities and pricing.

Before embarking on the TX2575 route I fiercely recommend a Bybee purifier upgrade. The Bybee purifiers have served to take the DAS-R1 to new heights and have vastly improved all areas of sound well beyond expectation. The Bybee's have currently been installed for the AC input, secondary transformer supplies, +/- 15V analogue supplies, analogue output.

Best Regards,
    Mark Bartlett

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

If you like carbons Mark the Rikens are pretty good, unfortunately I think they maybe now discontinued
    It seems a lot of the decent parts that are not ROHS complient are being dropped

Bybees, hmm, never tried those in anything yet, I've a lot about them

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by leo View Post

Bybees, hmm, never tried those in anything yet, I've a lot about them
    Leo, I fiercely recommend you try the Bybee purifiers; they are an essential part of getting the best from digital and very effective in phono stages, amplification & loudspeakers. Ideally, start with one on the digital input of your DAC.

Best Regards,
    Mark Bartlett

Does anyone know what's inside a Bybee purifier ?
    bis pueri senes !

Quote Originally Posted by promachos View Post
    Does anyone know what's inside a Bybee purifier ?
    I found this "useful" piece of information whilst researching the Bybee device.

Quote-I actually use one with my toaster. I was having problems with evenly toasted bread. The quantum purifier resulted in a perfectly toasted slice every time regardless to whether it is a thick or thin slice, one slice or two, or even what the light/dark adjustment is set to.
    bis pueri senes !

And this snippett !

"And there's nothing superconducting at all about the Quantum Purifiers. Inside of them is a conventional 0.02 ohm metal film resistor and the devices measure... 0.02 ohms."

bis pueri senes !

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Promachos,

Is there is any reason why I shouldn't delete the above three posts and then ban you?

Either use this forum to contribute sensibly and constructively to discussions or........

I think you get the picture!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Warning signs are there - no self introduction in the welcome area. A brief pm exchange with me which turned out to be useful, contents of which stay private as is good form but the existance of such exchange itself completes the picture of this guy and his intentions here.

Promachos, we need a genuine intro in the welcome area as we need to eliminate the possibility of trolling.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast