+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too many stickies!

I'm David.

Shes good thanks Marco, cute as a button! She has a big head ... Out of 100 babies she would be bang on 50 in terms of her size, apart from her head - which is bigger than average, she would have the 75th biggest head!
    It's has to be that way because of the massive brain she has been genetically passed by her daddy!

Vb4 does have it's problems, but what off the shelf software doesn't?
    We are on 4.1.5 now
    They have just introduced a new text editor that auto saves to stop people loosing posts after thy had been typing for ages and somthing goes wrong... Works great apart from on the iPhone where it is still a little buggy...

If you ever want to upgrade, you know I would help where I could - recommend plugins from vbullitin.org that do useful things etc!

I'd give you (Nick) admin access to my back end for you to have a look around and get tour head round stuff too if it would help, and give you a good bit of help over te phone if it was required!

There is so much that vb4 does that would add a great deal to the user experience here I think!

If you want me to show you anything or talk through anything with you let me know and I'll make some time one day at work!
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Awww.... Cute!

Nice one, mate - glad to hear she's doing well. You just didn't need an excuse to post that picture!

Regarding vB4, that's a very kind offer... I think we should explore this and take it a step at a time, the first one being Nick having a squinto round your 'manor', as it were, and then we'll see how it goes from there!

Could you guys liaise with each other on that one?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm David.

Yeah, no worries!
    Email on it's way if you still havethe same email address from a while ago Nick?
    CS Port TAT2 - Benz LPS - Funkfirm Houdini - DS Audio Vinyl Ionizer - CS Port C3EQ - Kondo G70 - Kondo Gakuoh II - Maxonic TW1100 MKII - Isol-8 SubStation Integra

Location: North Cambs UK, Earth, Sol, Orion - Cygnus arm of galaxy

I'm MadeOfDeadGiantStarsThatExplodedEonsAgo.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    It is a major project to get v4 working and iron out the issues... And it's still young compared with v3, which we've got working pretty well here
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    Bests, Mark

"We must believe in free will. We have no choice" Isaac Bashevis Singer

I'm Nick.

Cheers for the very kind offer Hamish - I'll be in touch!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Excellent! I wouldn't have entertained it normally, but Hamish's influence will make all the difference

Let's make this happen, dudes... Nick, please update everyone in the mod room as and when you have some info. It would be good to have things in place in time for the Christmas banner!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nick.

I will - give me a few days though to get my stuff together
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

Hey, no worries, dude....

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid Malenfant View Post
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    There's fixing & pointess fixing

I'm David.

It's not really fixing
    More adding more features
    The forum it's self would be basically the same, it would just have other features that people may or may not use ...
    Vb4 suit gives the ability to create articles from threads, meaning if someone writes a review it can be promoted to the home page.
    Same goes for any other content. Meaning everything that does get promoted can be categorised!
    This gives the user much better ways of searching important content meaning threads are less likely to get doubled up ... And that's just one of many advantages!
    The is also blogging software built in so people could write blogs on DIY builds for example.
    Stan could have a blog on dac mods, he could link it to his web site ...
    Neil and Howard could have mini articles that link to the stuf on thier sites that would help people searching on google for thier stuff by taking advantage of the high rank that aos has ...
    The effects on the community are really positive if you ask me!

Apart from anything, there are no other hifi forums (apart from head fi) that do things like this!

It's a step from just a forum toward cloudsource journalism ... Which is arguable where things are going! (note disappearing magazines off the shelves - might not be what everyone wants, but it's happening regardless)

Of course, all of these things can be switched on and off very easily, meaning it can all be introduced at a slower pace giving users the chance to get used to the features as they appear!

I have no benefit to draw from this, apart from better user experience for me! I hardly post here any more(although I do read a lot) I just see this place get indexed on google often within a day of posts and think will a little nudge in the right direction this place has massive potential!
    Potential that won't actually change how people currently use the place if they don't want it to... But if people are willing to make effort and really be part of the great community that Marco and co have built it could be so much more!

So yeah, not fixing, moving forward ... If everything stayed the same forever we wouldn't get anywhere in life would we?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast