+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technics SL-10 rework

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The SL7 could sound a bit relentless, but I think it was the supplied cartridge. The mat change looks interesting too, but are there the original cut-outs for the sensors - not an issue if you don't play 7" singles on it?
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Bob.

Hi Dave. No, no cutouts for the sensors on the QL1. So aside from starting a 12", and stopping at the end its a manual deck now. You have to be careful not to brush the start button with the power on as it'll lower the arm on the platter - but that's not really a problem as I'm the only one using it .

The change from a rubber mat focussed the sound more and I feel there's a tad more depth to it as well. It certainly upped the bling quotient though .

I'm Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Looks sweet Bob- the acrylic platforms any cop?
    Hi Andy. I was quite impressed with the platforms. The Silent Stage 4 under the QL1 was supplied with three different spacer sets so you can "tune it in". TBH I couldn't hear any repeatable difference! But I had got Vantage to put their feet on the QL1, and these, as others have said, are very good for the price (£30?). Between them, the feet and the platform do a good job. The Vantage feet are also on the SL7, but are smaller versions and are quite recessed, so this is like a car with lowered suspension . . (The black feet you can see under the SL7 are the sorbothane ones of the platform).

Stuart at SRM/Tech was great to deal with too, and was happy to do the bespoke platform for the little SL7.
    Last edited by morris_minor; 30-12-2012 at 08:49. Reason: Added text.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by morris_minor View Post
    Hi Andy. I was quite impressed with the platforms. The Silent Stage 4 under the QL1 was supplied with three different spacer sets so you can "tune it in". TBH I couldn't hear any repeatable difference! But I had got Vantage to put their feet on the QL1, and these, as others have said, are very good for the price (£30?). Between them, the feet and the platform do a good job. The Vantage feet are also on the SL7, but are smaller versions and are quite recessed, so this is like a car with lowered suspension . . (The black feet you can see under the SL7 are the sorbothane ones of the platform).

Stuart at SRM/Tech was great to deal with too, and was happy to do the bespoke platform for the little SL7.
    Thanks Bob, heard good things regarding acrylic
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12