+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Gig You Went To...

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by johnB View Post
    Is that The Unthanks and The Sleaford Mods playing together? I'd buy a ticket to that.
    I have never heard of the Unthanks...but I have bought a ticket for the Sleaford Mods.

My last concert was a piano trio [2 violins] at St John's Smith Square, so it should make a nice change...

R

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Clothears View Post
    Went up to Newcastle yesterday and went to see Future Islands at the 02 Acadamy. My mate has been banging on about them, "best band at Glastonbury" etc. so we combined a nice day out in Newcastle with the gig.

What a disappointment. Every song sounded exactly the same, the same tempo throughout, and as for the lead singers quite ridiculous dad dancing, well the least said the better. Definitely a flavour of the month band who everyone will have forgot about next year in my opinion. There again, I am 60 so could be I'm just talking bollocks and they're shit hot.

I had a couple of pals went to that gig and they said exactly the same. I still enjoyed their first album though.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Rich.

The Unthanks are great. Lovely local lasses.

By chance I found myself stood next to them watching a band on the acoustic stage at Glastonbury this year. Ended up having a good chat with them which is usually what happens when you put any groups of Geordies together.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Loz.

Quote Originally Posted by johnB View Post
    Is that The Unthanks and The Sleaford Mods playing together? I'd buy a ticket to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdpx View Post
    I have never heard of the Unthanks...but I have bought a ticket for the Sleaford Mods.

My last concert was a piano trio [2 violins] at St John's Smith Square, so it should make a nice change...

R
    Yeah that billing would be something else! Agree with Rich regarding The Unthanks Robert. Really great. Had one of those epiphinal moments on a mid summer evening canal walk with The Unthanks 'Last' on the headphones back in July. Magic stuff.

I'm Graeme.

"Jazz in New York in the thirties" by the Jazz Repertory Company at the Cadogan Hall last Saturday. http://www.cadoganhall.com/event/jaz...w-york-150919/ Fairly mixed performance, the second half definitely went better, but then we saw half of the band in the bar at the interval, so that probably loosened them up. Why do Jazz audiences have to clap at every solo?

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    The Sleaford Mods
    So, what did you think?

I'm jamie.

U2 in 1989 at the stadium de bercy,it was the love town tour and the support was BB King.great gig and before they went up their own arses!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Loz.

So, what did you think?
    It was fun Robert. I can't decide if they are a novelty act or revolutionary! Also not sure of their shelf life as well but for now it's great. You? Did you go?

Cheers

Loz

I'm bob.

Quote Originally Posted by HackneyRF View Post
    It was fun Robert. I can't decide if they are a novelty act or revolutionary! Also not sure of their shelf life as well but for now it's great. You? Did you go?

Cheers

Loz
    Yep I was front of the balcony. Definitely not a novelty that Jason is a serious talent explosion....
    Fantastic gig. Fantastic band, I think they can keep it going...
    R

I'm Loz.

Fantastic band, I think they can keep it going...
    R
    I agree with that and I hope they do too. Especially when Jason keeps lyrics like 'I fuckin’ hate Northern Soul / it’s like Motown’s on the dole’ coming!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast