+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Gig You Went To...

I'm Lee.

Manic Street Preachers at the Southampton Guildhall playing The Holy Bible
    Lee

Independent Apple tech support guy at Macnology

Gear: iMac > ALAC > Airport Express > Beresford Caiman DAC > Mark Grant IC > Audiolab 8000S > Chord Rumour Speaker Cable > Dynaudio Audience 42 Speakers > Grado SR80 Headphones

Vinyl: 90's Rega Planar 2, RB250, Bias Cart, Rega Fono Mini

Last.fm

I'm Rich.

Burt Bacharach last week, and Rufus Wainwright last night, both incredibly enjoyable.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Just back from the "Sausage and Beer Festival" (yes that really is a thing!) at Jimmy's Farm near Ipswich. We left before the headliner "Toploader" as the kids were whacked, but caught some of Chas & Dave! Nik Lowe was pretty good. A great day out with the kids.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Christian.

Lang Lang at the Royal Albert Hall.

I'm Graeme.

Orquestra Buena Vista Social Club at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.

Their farewell tour, they showed a moving tribute video to six of their former band mates, who have sadly died over the years. Nice to see so many people dancing in their seats at the ROH.

I'm Alex.

Wings, 1971 at Sheffield University

Well, my memory is wrong, looks like it was 1972.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wings_University_Tour
    Last edited by spendorman; 03-08-2015 at 18:19.
    Spendorman

I'm Richard.

The Bevis Frond, last night at The Lexington, Pentonville Rd. A 5 hour drive each way!
    ABD.

I'm Alex.

Irakere ft. The incomparable Chucho Valdez on piano. A masterclass in Cuban Jazz from the man who practically invented the genre. It was quite an amazing gig to see a 10 piece band on stage in a small club like Ronnie Scotts.

Going back to Ronnie Scotts tonight to see Roy Ayers... should be good!
    Technics SL1210| Jelco SA-750| Benz Micro ACE SM MC| Squeezebox Touch/MCRU linear PSU | Cambridge Audio 851C | High Resolution Music Streamer II+ / Linestreamer+ | Raspberry Pi 2/IQ-Audio DAC+ / Max2Play | Conrad-Johnson ET3 Control Amplifier| Conrad-Johnson LP125sa KT120 Power Amplifier| Avalon NP Evo 2.0 Speakers| Cardas Audio Quadlink-5C Speaker Cables and Interconnects| Finite Elemente Pagode Signature E-14 equipment support

I'm Graeme.

Don't know if it counts as a 'gig', but I went to see "Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens" in Brighton the other night.

Well it is a musical... of sorts. Just how camp do you think this performance could be? (and in Brighton...)

Off to the Proms at the weekend - slightly different performance I hope!

I'm john.

Rush on the Clockwork Angels tour a couple of years ago. Looks increasingly likely Rush will play no more concerts. They played in LA a few nights ago which has been hinted at being their last. Neil Peart and Alex Lifeson have physical problems and Geddy Lees voice aint the same and he struggles to carry a a lot of songs.
    John.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast