+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Gig You Went To...

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Nice one Chris, I have yet to see Justin, but he's on my hit list
    I saw new kid on the block Robert Vincent from Liverpool last night, could be someone you would like Chris?

Robert Vincent
    The Railway - Winchester
    Friday 22nd Feb 2013

Great singer songwriter currently touring his début album Life in Easy Steps

The album is definitely worth a listen, although last night it was just him and a guitar which I think I might prefer.

"People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm ChrisB.

Funny thing Tim, but Robert Vincent is supporting Justin Currie on some of his gigs for this tour. Not the Kendal one we went to though.
    Playing his album now, it sounds pretty good. Thanks for the tip.

I'm Stephen.

Steve Wilson @ the RFH performing the Raven in its entirety along with loads from Grace (all the great Tolkienesque ones )
    In thirty years of gig going this one takes the crown musically.
    Six guys at the very top of their tree, all enjoying what they are doing and so obviously performing their hearts out.
    Marco is akin to a nuclear reactor behind the drums, with tendencies to occasional explosive moments, astonishingly good. I need to see & hear this again.
    Rock royalty in the audience, even his mom..

I'm Marc.

Richard Hawley, a week ago last Friday

To be fair to him I wasn't well and was going down with a nasty dose of cold but overall I rated it as a bit meh, not very exciting and most of his songs are the same (it was a bit like a less rocking Dinosaur Jr with more women in the audience!)

I'm going to see Jacqui and Geoff this Friday: http://jacquiandgeoff.bandcamp.com/

And despite not having the 6Music hype machine behind them I expect to have at least as much, if not more fun and they've got some really great tunes.

I'm john.

The Stranglers last Friday.....third time I've seen em and this gig was the best. Great setlist (mostly older material) and the sound mix was superb. And this time there was no fighting among the crowd.
    John.

I'm John.

Richard Thompson 10 days ago at Cambridge.

More excitement though for SXSW in Austin from this Saturday......8th visit...normally get to see 40-50 bands across the week.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm Dave.

Richard Thompson - Salford Lowry Theatre - Tonight!

Bloody brilliant as per usual, the band even did a version of "Hey Joe" to demonstrate their power trio prowess.

Come back soon Richard.

I'm Simon.

Default Re: Last Gig You Went To...

Beth Orton at The Olympia in Dublin.
    Superb gig and even got a signed copy of her las test album.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Source: Thorens TD124 Rega RB300, Sumiko bluepoint No2., Cambridge Audio D500 Special Edition CDP, Squeeze box Touch, PC with Trends Audio USB Audio DAC UD-10 Amplification: Croft Micro 25 basic pre, Leak Stereo 20, Trends Audio Class T TA-10, Fisher X100-A Speakers:Impulse H6 Interconnects: Handmade silver and TNT audio CAT5 speaker cables

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by simon e View Post
    Beth Orton at The Olympia in Dublin.
    I saw Beth Orton on Tuesday actually Simon, she was support for Ryan Adams at the Royal Albert Hall. I have seen her before solo and this time she had a band. I like her a lot, but this was not her best performance, her voice was rubbish TBH. She kept losing key and just didn't get into it at all, I got the impression she had a cold or some problems with her voice? - very disappointing as I know she can be superb.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Simon.

Default Re: Last Gig You Went To...

This was my first time to see her. You could tell she was getting over a cold and seemed quite nervous the first half of the show. But then she settled into it and was chatting with the audience and having fun. But the olympia is a much smaller venue than the Albert Hall.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Source: Thorens TD124 Rega RB300, Sumiko bluepoint No2., Cambridge Audio D500 Special Edition CDP, Squeeze box Touch, PC with Trends Audio USB Audio DAC UD-10 Amplification: Croft Micro 25 basic pre, Leak Stereo 20, Trends Audio Class T TA-10, Fisher X100-A Speakers:Impulse H6 Interconnects: Handmade silver and TNT audio CAT5 speaker cables

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast