+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Gig You Went To...

I'm John.

Have probably seen more live music this year than any of my 51 years, despite there being no Glastonbury.

Three festivals:

SXSW in Austin: highlights were Alejandro Escovedo supported by Springsteen, Joe Ely and Garland Jeffreys.

Hop farm Kent: many highlights including Patti smith Band and Peter Gabriel.

Summer Sundae Weekender: highlights were Death in Vegas (loud!) and Public Image Ltd.

Plus probably a band every 2 weeks.....highlights definately Ryan Adams solo, Black Keys, Ian McClagan, Beach Boys.

Last week The Vaccines (v good), and Stiff Little Fingers.

Next up is Mark Lanagan band next week in the smoke.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm Steve.

Ultravox at The Sage Gateshead. magic.

I'm Nobody.

I don't know what ive done to deserve this life but ive got to got take the wife see Human league tomorrow night Sheffield City Hall

MartinT Guest

LOL - I can just see you now, Andr'e, with a full face on

I'm Stephen.

Hmm - well I'm finishing my gig list for the year on a high, if not exactly the place I expected.

Nearly a 3 hour drive to London ending in the rush hour - then a tube to Charring Cross, and a short walk to "HEAVEN" where, at long last I get to see Archive play live.
    Have to admit I am very much looking forward to it, if not the drive.

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    LOL - I can just see you now, Andr'e, with a full face on
    The D+B audiotechnik PA System sounded fantastic.

I'm John.

Tuesday night at Kentish Town Forum aka Town & Country Club....Mark Lanagan Band,,,,nice.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Technics 1210/Mike New Bearing/Jelco SA750d/Goldring 2500/Paul Hynes SR5 21/27.
    Cambridge Audio 840c CD. Squeezebox Touch. Synology NAS.
    Teac A-3440.
    Beresford Bushmaster.
    Quad II monoblocks....Quad 44/405.....Croft Micro.....Cambridge Audio 840.
    Celestion Ditton 66.....KEF Reference One

I'm Sandro.

2 weeks ago I saw a great Cowboy Junkies' gig in Vicenza's new theatre.
    Here am I with Margo Timmins after the concert !

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
    2 weeks ago I saw a great Cowboy Junkies' gig in Vicenza's new theatre.
    Here am I with Margo Timmins after the concert !

Whoa - lucky you Sandro!

I love Cowboy Junkies, especially Margo Timmins's voice.
    Barry

I'm Dan.

catchup time again:

Rob Zombie & Marilyn Manson (Twins Of Evil Tour) at the NIA - 29.11.12

Marilyn Manson supported, and I used to be a fan years ago, but he was a bit of a let down, focussed quite a bit on the weaker material, a lacklustre performance, and very poor sound for the first half of his set. He was OK, but if I had gone purely to see him I would've been very annoyed.
    Rob Zombie on the other hand was fantastic, perfect sound, an elaborate and spectacular stage show - there was something going on wherever you looked, huge video screens, dancing monsters, pyrotechnics, you name it.

Ben Folds Five at Birmingham Academy 03.12.12

Great show, played for 2 and a half hours straight, a great mix of old and new tracks, good sound, much better than when I saw Ben Folds play a solo show and couldn't hear a damn thing over 2 girls chatting next to me.

Rebellion Xmas 2012 - Birmingham Ballroom 08.12.12

An all day punk show featuring among others: Rancid, Cock sparrer, UK Subs, Anti Nowhere League, Drongo's For Europe, The Exploited, Street Dogs, Goldblade and Vice Squad. Brilliant show, but after about 13 hours of standing up and listening to punk music in the front row, my legs were knackered and so were my ears!

Devin Townsend Project & Fear Factory at Wulfrum Hall Wolverhampton 13.12.12

I can't think of a way this night could have been more perfect! Fear Factory were brilliant, played a real mix of stuff, old and new, but Devin Townsend was another thing entirely. Challenging metal music full of joy and goofy and self deprecating humour, IMO Devin Townsend is the Frank Zappa of heavy metal. I was lucky enough to meet Devin Townsend after the show:

After the show we went to a Gary Numan themed pub across the road called Numa bar, for a quick drink and to discuss how great the night had been. To our surprise, the two main members of Fear Factory (the singer, Burton C Bell & Dino Cazares the guitarist) walked in the door. We were lucky enough to meet them and get our stuff signed:

After that, Burton C Bell got on the karaoke to sing 'Eye Of The Tiger' and Gary Numan's 'Cars' much to the delight of everyone. Brilliant night.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast