+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Gig You Went To...

I'm Ben.

Crappy phone pix :-( I'd booked the tickets so long ago though I'd forgotten we had pretty decent seats

Sent from my Wileyfox Storm using Tapatalk
    Technics SL1210 with
    SME IV Arm & AT OC9XML,
    Firebottle modded Tron Convergence Phono Stage,
    Bluesound Node 2i, Technics SL DZ 1200 CD
    Denon PMA1700ne amp
    Yamaha NS1000M Speakers.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Just back from 5 days of sublime live music, still buzzing actually. Started in Dublin last Thursday, 3 days at C2C Festival at the O2 Arena and then The Borderline in London last night.

So who did I see (these are the highlights);

Lukas kicked it off in style, this guy and the band are the absolute mutts nuts (Neil Young's band if you didn't know)

Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real (twice, Dublin and London)
    Lukas Nelson (solo)
    Ashley McBryde (twice)
    Mo Pitney
    Ashley Campbell (Glen Campbell's daughter)
    Margo Price
    Emmylou Harris
    Ryan Kinder

There was a lot of other stuff, but the above was all I was interested in - I'll try and post some pictures and more info later, but I'm pooped right now!
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Just back from the O2 Institute3 in Birmingham and a 3 header bill;

Ryan Kinder
    Ashley Campbell
    Mo Pitney

What a superb night, quite a small venue with I reckon 60/70 people and a superlative display from three great songwriters. Ashley did a wonderful version playing banjo, accompanied by fiddle and guitar, of 'Gentle on My Mind' that was a real treat. A very talented lady for sure, but the star for me was Mo, how at 24 he writes the songs he does, is beyond me. A very old and wise head on young shoulders - amusing on stage too, quick witted as well as a great musician.

I doubt it would have appealed to many here, as it was true Country and Bluegrass, but I loved it and worth the nightmare 4 hour drive up (just over 2 back).

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Not been to any recent gigs so the last was Grouplove at Brighton..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Haven't you seen Tony Joe White Bev - seem to recall that, but might be wrong?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Just booked to see John Smith in Manchester: https://bandonthewall.org/events/john-smith-2/

Should be good

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Deleted.

Last gig I went to was The Jesus and Mary Chain and before that Radiohead. My ‘girly’ goes to loads of gigs but my work seldom allows it (time wise, it’s not banned ).
    Last edited by YNWaN; 01-05-2018 at 20:07.
    Account Deleted

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

What is it you do for a living. Mark?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm RichardbutpreferRich.

Beth Hart @ The Hexagon in Reading on Monday night - First time I've seen her live and thought she was awesome.
    Rich

Source: Squeezebox Touch, Chinese AK4396 DAC, Pioneer PL-112D + Shure M75ED type2, Pioneer PD-7700 CDP
    Amp: Sansui AU-505
    Speakers: Ditton 44's

I'm fabulous.

Frank Turner at the O2 Academy, Liverpool last week.

The support act from Canada were new to me, The Arkells - I was very pleasantly surprised, a young band who were totally there to play live and entertain the crowd - they also performed really well. Currently browsing Amazon Marketplace to pick up some CDs
    lossless > Raspberry PI-3b+ > allo Boss > Van Damme Purple interconnect >
    Myryad Z210 CD Player > Chord Chameleon Silver+ interconnect >

into Magnum IA170 amplifier > Van Damme Blue 4mm cable > Mission 752 Freedom Floorstanders
    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Open-back

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast