Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Gig You Went To...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MartinT Guest

Default Last Gig You Went To...

Sorry guys, I made a boo boo and deleted the one Alex created

MartinT Guest

Gordon Giltrap last night at the Lights Andover was a superb, intimate, concert where he played solo and displayed all his mastery of both acoustic and electric guitars. We were in row 2 and right in front of him so we could see all his fingering very clearly. GG had an easy way with the audience, regaled us with stories of his experiences and played some utterly compelling music. I can't remember the last time I felt so relaxed at a concert, especially after a day's work. Most enjoyable.

I'm Jostein.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Gordon Giltrap last night at the Lights Andover was a superb, intimate, concert where he played solo and displayed all his mastery of both acoustic and electric guitars. We were in row 2 and right in front of him so we could see all his fingering very clearly. GG had an easy way with the audience, regaled us with stories of his experiences and played some utterly compelling music. I can't remember the last time I felt so relaxed at a concert, especially after a day's work. Most enjoyable.
    Would like to check out more of his music. He contributes some fine articles to the Acoustic Magazine which I subscribe to. Might check out this one:

http://www.acousticmagazine.com/inde...=245&Itemid=44
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm Steve.

I'm Dave.

That sounds like a great gig Steve. I can still remember buying my copy of The Show Goose LP from Paper Chase in Manchester when it first came out, and I still play the very same LP to this day on a regular basis. Very underated is our Mr.Latimer.

I like everything really. From the britpop bands like UB40 right back to classic rock, like Wings. They're only the band the Beatles could have been.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Sorry guys, I made a boo boo and deleted the one Alex created

All good fun, innit!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Jan.

Argh… so all my subtle taunts of Alex’s affectuation with Tina Dico has gone to the eternal bit fields!!!

Hereby back on tracks
    Jan.

Main: Touch -> Beresford Caiman II -> Carver A-500x -> B&W 704
    Office: Duet (Audiocom)
    -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro
    -> Beresford Bushmaster -> Superlux HD668B

Server: A8-5500, 4 GB, SSD + 2*1 TB, Win8 w. SBS 7.9 (SQLite w. High Mem)
    Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by slate View Post
    Alex’s affectuation with Tina Dico
    Watch it - he has competition, you know

I'm Nobody.

I said i will never ever see anyone play live again, i said this in 1986, but i do it because if i don't the wife wont go see what she likes!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I said i will never ever see anyone play live again, i said this in 1986, but i do it because if i don't the wife wont go see what she likes!
    So you didn't see ELP last year at High Voltage......it was a good show fella
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast