+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Thread: Last Gig You Went To...

I'm Werner.

Tim,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Hi Werner, hope you are well and nice to see you are still going to gigs
    thanks, I’m fine. I’ll spend the time until end of August, maybe even end of September, in Schleswig-Holstein, the northernmost of the 16 states in Germany. An absolutely flat landscape on the north sea shore. I have no music listening equipment with me in my holiday home, but a lot of books, Darjeeling and Ceylon tea as well as my — most important! — bicycle. There are no gigs to visit, but one may watch countless flocks of sheep, cows, horses and listen to shrieking sea gulls.

I enjoy the air and the sea breeze which is good for my lungs and my skin. Also I’m very happy that there are not even the smallest hills or mountains around. The summer temperatures in Tyrol are difficult to bear for my damaged, asthmatic lung. Temperatures in Schleswig-Holstein during summertime typically are between 68 and 77 F, compared to 82 and up to 100 F in Tyrol. The climate change is actually no propaganda of the Chinese, it’s true ;-)

Werner.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit DACs | Schiit Asgard 2 → KRK Rokit active monitors | SPL Phonitor 2 → Beyerdynamic T 1 headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Grant.

Lovely part of the world.
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.6- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. BERESFORD SWITCHBOX. - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - TANDBERG TCD310 - CARTS.. AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm a-musicfan.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    What Newport?
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Werner.

Grant (and Tim):
    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0g5qXGF1GUZtdG

Hope you don’t mind that the comments are written in German.

Werner.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit DACs | Schiit Asgard 2 → KRK Rokit active monitors | SPL Phonitor 2 → Beyerdynamic T 1 headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Grant.

great photos and loe the shadow of the bike, which looks a great model
    Regards,
    Grant ....
    Sometimes incompetence is useful. It helps you keep an open mind.
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    IMUTO TAURUS X4 BATTERY SUPPLY. - RPI2B & AUDIOPHONICS DAC running MOODE 3.6- TONBRUX BATTERY SUPPLY & CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no1 - JBE SERIES 3 SLATEDECK & EMOTIVA XPS-1 PHONO - DENON DV2900 & HEAVILY MODDED MF X10v3. BERESFORD SWITCHBOX. - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS. - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP. -AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER22, SPOTIFY PREMIUM- OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES, KINPS CABLES, SMSL M6 MINIDAC, CHROMECAST2 AUDIO DONGLE no2 POWERED BY ANKER BATTERY PSU - FULL RANGE TWIN & SINGLE TELEFUNKEN's - TANDBERG TCD310 - CARTS.. AT95 Shibata, SHURE M55E original, JVC MD1029. - RCA CABLES BY BRIAN SPKR CABLES BY MOI HAIR BY MARCO FEET BY ELECTRICBEACH - MAINS REGENERATED BY POWERINSPIRED AND FILTERED BY BELKIN PUREAV.

I'm a-musicfan.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    Grant (and Tim)
    Great pictures (as always) Werner. I too really like the shadow photograph, kind of an abstract self-portrait.

Tim

I'm Werner.

Tim,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Great pictures (as always) Werner. I too really like the shadow photograph, kind of an abstract self-portrait.
    there’s a hidden linguistic joke in the comment I wrote to this photograph (comments become visible in the web browser if you click on a picture): I called this picture “Mein Kurschatten”, which might be translated to the meaningless words “my spa stays shadow”. “Kurschatten” in German is a paraphrase for a harmless affair one might have while taking a break from work for medical rehabilitation or spa stays.

Thank you for watching my pictures, and remember to re-visit the web address, because currently new pictures are added daily. Glad that you and Grant like my photographic outlook on the world!

Werner.

I'm a-musicfan.

Carter Sampson
    Clwb Ifor Bach, Cardiff - Weds 21st
    Prince Albert, Stroud - Thurs 22nd

I caught two great shows from this super talented singer/songwriter from Oklahoma, USA. Carter cites big influences as Patty Griffin, Lucinda Williams, Emmylou Harris and Dolly Parton. If you like any of those, might be worth checking her out. Her latest album 'Wilder Side' is very good indeed. She's a great story teller too and very entertaining live. Only over for a quick trip, as she played Glastonbury Acoustic Stage on Friday and flies back to the states today, but returning again for a tour in October.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243