+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Gig You Went To...

I'm Werner.

Tim,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Hi Werner, hope you are well and nice to see you are still going to gigs
    thanks, I’m fine. I’ll spend the time until end of August, maybe even end of September, in Schleswig-Holstein, the northernmost of the 16 states in Germany. An absolutely flat landscape on the north sea shore. I have no music listening equipment with me in my holiday home, but a lot of books, Darjeeling and Ceylon tea as well as my — most important! — bicycle. There are no gigs to visit, but one may watch countless flocks of sheep, cows, horses and listen to shrieking sea gulls.

I enjoy the air and the sea breeze which is good for my lungs and my skin. Also I’m very happy that there are not even the smallest hills or mountains around. The summer temperatures in Tyrol are difficult to bear for my damaged, asthmatic lung. Temperatures in Schleswig-Holstein during summertime typically are between 68 and 77 °F, compared to 82 and up to 100 °F in Tyrol. The climate change is actually no propaganda of the Chinese, it’s true ;-)

Werner.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Grant.

Lovely part of the world.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    What Newport?
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Werner.

Grant (and Tim):
    Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0g5qXGF1GUZtdG

Hope you don’t mind that the comments are written in German.

Werner.
    Mac OS X iTunes → Schiit Bifrost DAC → Yamaha AX-592 → Triangle Zays XS Grand Angle | AKG K712 Pro headphones | my last.fm profile

I'm Grant.

great photos and loe the shadow of the bike, which looks a great model
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    Grant (and Tim)
    Great pictures (as always) Werner. I too really like the shadow photograph, kind of an abstract self-portrait.

Tim

I'm Werner.

Tim,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Great pictures (as always) Werner. I too really like the shadow photograph, kind of an abstract self-portrait.
    there’s a hidden linguistic joke in the comment I wrote to this photograph (comments become visible in the web browser if you click on a picture): I called this picture “Mein Kurschatten”, which might be translated to the meaningless words “my spa stays shadow”. “Kurschatten” in German is a paraphrase for a harmless affair one might have while taking a break from work for medical rehabilitation or spa stays.

Thank you for watching my pictures, and remember to re-visit the web address, because currently new pictures are added daily. Glad that you and Grant like my photographic outlook on the world!

Werner.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Carter Sampson
    Clwb Ifor Bach, Cardiff - Weds 21st
    Prince Albert, Stroud - Thurs 22nd

I caught two great shows from this super talented singer/songwriter from Oklahoma, USA. Carter cites big influences as Patty Griffin, Lucinda Williams, Emmylou Harris and Dolly Parton. If you like any of those, might be worth checking her out. Her latest album 'Wilder Side' is very good indeed. She's a great story teller too and very entertaining live. Only over for a quick trip, as she played Glastonbury Acoustic Stage on Friday and flies back to the states today, but returning again for a tour in October.

I'm Loz.

In the last few weeks I've taken in Kraftwerk at The Albert Hall, The Scott Walker Proms again at The Albert Hall and Silver Apples at Oslo in Hackney. At Kraftwerk the view I had was pretty crappy but the sound was amazing and I had a lot of fun just being there. A lot of attention to detail. Very enjoyable.

The Scott Walker Proms was really a great night. I enjoyed Jarvis Cocker's interpretations but he was the weak link in my opinion, he just doesn't have the right kind of voice to carry the songs. And Richard Hawley's guitar solo on the show closer 'Get Behind Me' was just unnecessary. Overall stunning though. See it here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08z2x62

Lastly Silver Apples in Hackney was pretty amazing too. Simeon the only surviving member at 79 years old put on a riveting performance playing songs from their 1968 debut and new stuff which was very strong material. The highlight though was a fleshed out version of 'Oscillations' which rocked the house. Fantastic!

Upcoming concerts include Mike Watt/Thurston Moore (Minutemen/Sonic Youth) at Cafe Oto, Low at The Union Chapel, Herbie Hancock at The Barbican, Sun Kil Moon at Shepherds Bush Empire, Faust at Lewes Conservative Club of all places and William Basinski at King's Hall. Tis' the season for going out and doing stuff!
    Last edited by HackneyRF; 06-08-2017 at 16:32.

I'm Deleted.

The last gig I went to was Radiohead in Manchester. The next one is the Jesus and Mary Chain.
    Account Deleted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast