+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Gig You Went To...

I'm Tony.

Unashamed ‘proud dad’ plug for my youngest son Nathan...

If anyone is going to the Paul Simon BST Gig in Hyde Park, watch out for Nathe, he’s playing bass for Ward Thomas on the main stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Steve.

Roger Waters in Dublin on Tuesday. What a fantastic show absolutely superb!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Joey Landreth - Bulls Head, Alton Village

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz1kxBE9JXk
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Justin.

Bristol Downs fest this last Saturday.

Watched Paul Weller and Noel Gallagher do 'Town Called Malice's together.

Highlight was Goldie with two excellent drummers. Best live drumming I think I have ever encountered.

I'm Tony.

Quality night out last at Oslo, Hackney to watch Westerman (with Fabiana Palladino in support).

Always good to watch my youngest lad Nathe playing bass.

Last night was a triumphant end-of-tour gig to a full house at a home venue.

https://youtu.be/HVNhVcHV7GE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Joey Landreth - Bulls Head, Alton Village

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz1kxBE9JXk
    I saw him in Sheffield last month. He's a great singer song-writer who really understands the importance of light and shade. His band are really tight with great harmonies. I am surprised he is not better known.

Geoff

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Seen Joey Landreth a few times, once solo, once with his current three piece band and also with The Bros. Landreth - I agree and don't understand why he isn't better known, a huge talent.

As for my last gig, well I just spent 3 weeks in Nashville and went to 25 shows in all, so it might take awhile if I were to list them all, but I had a great time. On one day I had three shows, one in the afternoon, then a 6pm and a 9pm show - unfortunately they were all in different parts of the city, so we were flying between each in Uber's

I nearly saw Joey over there actually, but he clashed with a Chuck Cannon 'words and music' show and as I'd never seen him before, Chuck won!
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Dan.

I've been to a lot of gigs this year, but I've just been to one that was a bit emotional for me:

TC&I at Swindon Arts Centre 31/10/18

TC&I are Colin Moulding and Terry Chambers from XTC, who have released a 4 track EP, but their remit on the night was basically playing Colin's XTC songs.

XTC stopped touring in 1982 and released their last album in 2000, and have been my favourite band for as long as I can remember.
    I am too young to have ever seen them live, so I have been obsessively collecting their output instead. I never thought that I would get to see any of these songs performed.

Earlier this year, TC&I announced 4 dates in their hometown of Swindon, with 2 further dates added later. All of them immediately sold out.

The show was incredible, most of the songs had never been performed live in front of an audience, everyone in the crowd knew how rare and special the experience was.
    People in the audience travelled from far and wide for the dates, I met a guy from the Czech republic, there were people who travelled from Germany, USA and even New Zealand.

The setlist was fantastic, a real mix from Colin's songs throughout the whole discography, and even one of Andy's mixed in.

The night was topped off by meeting Colin and Terry, having a chat, some autographs and a photo. Brilliant night that won't be forgotten.

I'm Martin.

Default Thea Gilmore Xmas Tour

Went to see the fabulous Thea Gilmore at the MAC in Birmingham.
    My favourite lady and this was the 6th time I've seen her
    Some biting witty lyrics, a great voice......who could ask for more
    She plays small and intimate venues so live music need not cost you the earth

She is on tour near you. Go see and enjoy
    Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Tony.

Last one I went to was Westerman at the Oslo in Hackney. Will Westerman is putting out some good stuff lately (check him out on Spotify) and is well worth seeing if you get the chance. Support act was Fabiana Pallidino (Pino's daughter) who is also worth catching live.

This song was the last of the set and featured some good audience participation at the end. :-)

https://youtu.be/3CVMaveL3Zo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast