+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Children in Need - lets do our bit

I'm Dave.

Default Children in Need - lets do our bit

Hi Folks, being of a generous sort of nature (no, seriously) I have decided to do something for children in need this year, namely auctioning off a set of our Black Mamba speaker cables. I am sure lots of you have read Muffinman's excellent review so will know that these are serious cables at a very reasonable price - here is a rare opportunity to buy some and help children in need at the same time.

That nice Mr Toy (well he's nicer than me at least) has kindly allowed me to post this here so here goes:
    Please post your offer as a reply to this thread, the highest offer at 12:00 mid day in one week - Wednesday 12th November gets them at the bid price. I will post at my cost on receipt of a cheque made out to "children in need". Only caveat is that I will post to UK addresses only due to high cost of international postage. There, it couldn't be easier, so get bidding and best of luck.
    If you need to know exactly what I am offering you can see details here: Used Hi-Fi Shop link to cables page

Dave.
    P.S.
    Hope this post is a bit more successful than my 'name the band' post.

Quote taken from usedhifishop.co.uk
    A brand new and boxed pair of Sterling Black Mamba audiophile speaker cables complete with gold plated spade and 4mm banana terminations. Really well constructed cables that feature nearly 450 individual strands of oxygen free copper in each conductor. The ends are terminated with high quality terminals that have screw in spade or banana adapters, each pair of cables comes with 8 spades and 8 banana plugs so they can be freely interchanged to suit your particular installation.

These cables would make a perfect present as they come in a very attractive presentation box. I am not going to make any wild claims that I can not possibly substantiate but I will say that these are superb quality cables being offered at a fraction of the price of comparable items. One of our customers has written an excellent report about his experience with these cables, the report can be found here The price stated includes first class post to any UK address, further adding to the extraordinary value that these cables represent.
    **A little artistic editing done by Filterlab. **

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Very generous of you Dave, you are indeed a generous man. I take it that any proof of donation is acceptable? Some of us don't have cheque books these days.

Anyways;

I will open the bid at £50.

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

"Mr Toy" is now also using these cables in his system in place of Chord Epic Twin costing £40 a metre. So if you price cables according to performance the Black Mambas should cost in excess of £200 plus termination - say £300 all in. Given by how much they outperform the Chord cables in my system I'd price them at the £500 mark.

Perhaps its the excellent quality thick, layered insulation, the purity of the copper, the quality of the termination but the low capacitance/inductance and resistance design seems to work remarkably well with valve amplifiers. The net result is not the usual clichés of deeper bass, midder mids and/or higher highs -these cables are not tone controls. Instead they just deliver the whole frequency range with considerably more coherence and articulation resulting in heightened involvement and sheer listening enjoyability. In essence these cables allow the music to sing for itself without any inherent character being imposed upon it.

I wholeheartedly recommend these cables and whoever places the highest bid not only bags a real hi-fi bargain but also helps a very worthy cause.

I'm Dave.

Wow, thanks Rob, what a nice man you are!! Even nicer than Steve, by my reckoning

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by greenhomeelectronics View Post
    Wow, thanks Rob, what a nice man you are!! Even nicer than Steve, by my reckoning
    Steady mate, any more compliments and I may tear my boxer shorts!

Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Dave.

Ah, just seen Steve's post, you are both on a par in the "niceness" stakes. LOL
    Glad you like the cables, Steve, we have had some very favourable feedback and are delighted with the overall performance of them.

Any form of payment is fine, as long as we know it has been made, I just suggested cheque so we know the donation has been made and the winner knows the donation has been to the charity.

All the best,
    Dave.
    Last edited by greenhomeelectronics; 05-11-2008 at 13:21.

I'm Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by greenhomeelectronics View Post
    Hi Folks, being of a generous sort of nature (no, seriously) I have decided to do something for children in need this year

Dave.
    I've already bought five pairs!

But it's a worthy cause. I'll send you £50 - but I want nothing in return.

Happy to help.

Howard - the man wot posts under his own name!

--//--
    Last edited by Neil McCauley; 05-11-2008 at 13:53.
    Well, hello.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Another generous man! We have some great members here, really top of the pile.

Atacama SE24 stands

I pledge 50% of what I get for my chord odyssey cables that the mamba replaced. Don't know when or how much but it's a promise
    ---------------------------------------------------
    recovering audioholic

Technics: SL 1210 mk2 / KAB PS1200 psu /Trans-fi Terminator / AT-OC9MLII / WD ph3s /Bluesound node 2i/Musical Fidelity Ms3i/ WADkit 6550 / Tannoy revolution xt8f

Gareth.

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
    I pledge 50% of what I get for my chord odyssey cables that the mamba replaced. Don't know when or how much but it's a promise
    When are you selling them?

Atacama SE24 stands

+ Reply to Thread