+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trio KA-3750 - Sounds TOPS!

I'm Josie.

Default Trio KA-3750 - Sounds TOPS!

Hi chaps.

I've recently bought a TRIO KA-3750 and I'm well surprised with it.

My farther had the same amp back in the late 70's with some Solavox speakers and since then we have kept the original manual for it too. Why we kept the manuals I will never know... lol

Sound wise, it's not as open as my Quad setup and lacks a bit of air but in all it's a very good little integrated and for £25 I reckon it's a bargain.

This is currently driving my Tannoys and it has some serious bass.

I'm not a great fan of the BASS / TREBLE controls and find I need the Treble up nearly the top. The pots are stepped though which is something I guess.

Just cleaned it with DEOXIT and it's sounding great.

Cheers
    Joe
    Last edited by The Black Adder; 21-09-2011 at 08:31.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm ILOB.

Nice amps for the money
    Last edited by John; 21-09-2011 at 09:54.
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm John.

My late father had one in the 70s - used with a Trio t/t. Can't remember what speakers he used though, but this set-up was the one that sparked my interest in audio.

John
    Sent by me using an appendage

SME Model 15/V tonearm, Lyra Dorian, EAR Phono Box.

Luxman 509X amp.

PMC 25 23i speakers.

Innuos/Roon/Qobuz/I-Pad. Oppo UDP-205.

Cables by Kimber, Yannis and Audioquest.

Audioquest Niagara. Tube Distinctions Mains power filter. Project RCM. Zerostat.

I'm Shane.

Does it have a very good headphone jack?

Regards.

I'm Duncan.

Shhh!!!

Everybody will be after them

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Does it have a very good headphone jack?

Regards.
    It does actually...
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by tubehunter View Post
    Shhh!!!

Everybody will be after them
    Nice... (shh... indeed)

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Imjustsurviving.

The Modified Trio KA 2002A i'm using sounds bloody good as well, looks like shit but hearing is believing ,
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

There was a mid 70's range they did finished in a very subtle champagne gold tint and they were very nice as well for the money. Apparently, back then, if a designer in Japan wanted a particular style of control knob, a call to the supplier on the morning could result in an evaluation sample within hours. Contrast that with here in the 80's especially, where you had to wait months and if the supplied samples are wrong, you either have to make do, or wait again, losing production time. Cambridge Audio had this with the CD2 front panel castings, which none of us (or Cambridge) were particularly fond of in terms of finish.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Juha.

I love the chunky knobs and also the contrast between the black and the silver. Cannot go wrong with that price. No valves though
    My Gear

Source components:
    Garrard 401 in a solid birch plywood plinth / Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro / ESCo modified Denon DL-103
    Pioneer TX-9800 tuner
    Amplification:
    Art Audio Diavolo and Conductor, Pair of XTZ Sub Amp 1's, Nick G 'Dual Phono' phono stage
    Loudspeakers:
    Bastanis Mandala Atlas with 15" sealed woofers
    Cables:
    Analysis Plus: Big Silver Oval speaker cables and Silver Oval-in interconnects, Mark Grant DSP 2.5 Dual Screened power cables
    Record cleaning
    Nitty Gritty 1.5Fi MK II

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast