+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrexham/North Wales/Cheshire record shop tour 2011

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    I hope you two bankrupted yourselves with all the vinyl you must have bought - you did buy some didn't you?????

Yes, I bought one or two, Marco bought three or four.

My haul.

Aphrodite's Child - 666

Eagles - S/T

Pink Floyd - Meddle

Yes - Close To The Edge

Organisation - Tonefloat

Spooky Tooth - Spooky Two

The Rolling Stones - Between The Buttons

The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet

The Rolling Stones - Black And Blue

Paice Ashton and Lord - Malice In Wonderland

Grateful Dead - Grateful Dead

Grateful Dead - Steal Your Face

Grateful Dead - Without A Net

Queen - Queen

Hawkwind - In Search Of Space

Hawkwind - Doremi Fasol Latido

Tim Blake - Chrystal Machine

Mythos - Dreamlab

Frank Zappa - Broadway The Hard Way

Ruben And The Jets - For Real

Santana - Welcome

Santana - Borboletta

Turiya Alice Coltrane and Devadip Carlos Santana - Illuminations

Devadip Carlos Santana - Oneness

Edgar Froese - Ages

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Rock Drill

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced/ Axis : Bold As Love

The Korgis - Dumb Waiters

Genesis - Trespass

Genesis - Foxtrot (Nice 1st pressing by Porky)

Karlheinz Stockhausen - Stimmung

AC/DC - If You Want Blood (Another nice Porky 1st pressing)

AC/DC - Highway To Hell

Stiff Little Fingers - Inflammable Material

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust The Motion Picture

Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle

Steve Miller Band - Book Of Dreams

Little Feat - Feats Don't Fail Me Now

Little Feat - The Last Record Album

Little Feat - Time Loves A Hero

Little Feat - Down On The Farm

Little Feat - Hoy-Hoy

The Beatles - Abbey Road

Magnum - II (Another mint Porky)

Gong - Magick Brother
    ATB

David

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Oh fuck, do I have to list mine now?

I can feel typer's cramp coming on!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    The copious amount of precipitation you get that we don't
    We get less than one day of rain a week here, Dave, and even then it only rains for an hour or so, and then stops.

We don't get much, ask Snapper. It's even sunnier here than Saltcoats

For constant rain, move to Glasgow!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

"Porky" Peckham was renowned for doing "all sorts" to get the "sound" and "punch" he got from his cuts I believe, - something that may be difficult to do in subsequent digital remastering - summat to do with his old valve Fairchild compressors I reckon Apparently, he's doing digital remastering as well now and I think he really does care about his work
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    We get less than one day of rain a week here, Dave, and even then it only rains for an hour or so, and stops.

Marco.
    We get one morning/afternoon of rain a month here it seems. "We're" famous for our sunshine and mild microclimate in this little peninsular. Alex is twelve miles up the road and it can be chucking it down there, whereas here, we may just get a few spots of rain...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post

Genesis - Foxtrot (Nice 1st pressing by Porky)

Gong - Magick Brother
    Are you positive the 'Foxtrot' is a 1st Press How much?

What labels the Gong on dave?

Quote Originally Posted by snapper View Post
    More can be read about Vod and Colin here.
    Indeed. From the website:

The Record shop to me was a place to hang out and slap on the headphones with no obligation. The guys behind the counter would engage in banter and pass on their knowledge with a smile (the music was everything). Racks of temptation lay in front of you, not only for the music but also the artwork. You could order or enquire about different genres – “what’s that sound like?” , be informed on what was due in, all this added to the experience. Then the thrill of walking home with your purchase in the bag, quite often no knowing what it was going to sound like – experimentation (although sometimes hit and miss) was a big part of it. Large high street stores just cannot deliver this level of enjoyment.
    Hear, hear - and neither does clicking on a bloody mouse...... Long live small independent record shops!!

So get off your backsides and support them, folks!

Marco.
    Main System

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Be careful there's a medicore re-issue on Akarma Records..

Dunno if it'll be your cuppa tho
    Just had a listen, dude... I like it! So I'll be snaffling that one (providing that it's not the Akarma reissue)

Marco.
    Main System

I'm OneOfTheSevenModsWhoToldMarcoNotToLiftHarry'sBan.

Are you positive the 'Foxtrot' is a 1st Press How much?
    99% positive.

CAS. 1058. Large mad hatter label. Plain inner though, not the red one.

Deadwax A-1U Porky / B-1U Pecko

Says £3.00 on the sleeve, but we got such large discounts it probably worked out closer to £2.00. Bought from Paul in Rhyl.

What labels the Gong on dave?
    Affinity, late issue in 1977. Got it free from

ATB

David

I'm Nobody.

should red inner with release ads, unless it's lost.

Textured sleeve? , E. J. Day Group printed cover..Does it have red lettering down the spine? Does it have B&C credits on cover & label?

Matrix:A-1U PORKY..B-1U PECKO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast