+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diy record cleaning machine used with vac

I'm David.

I think I might have a simpler solution to your top clamp part as I have one of these Michell Record clamps (it screws onto the record spindle)

It's just how to make the bottom part somehow I haven't seen washers that size in Homebase And then its a question of attaching it to the motor spindle. Did you turn that part on your lathe I was it something simple you had knocking around?

David
    David.

I'm Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by Moko View Post
    I think I might have a simpler solution to your top clamp part as I have one of these Michell Record clamps (it screws onto the record spindle)

It's just how to make the bottom part somehow I haven't seen washers that size in Homebase And then its a question of attaching it to the motor spindle. Did you turn that part on your lathe I was it something simple you had knocking around?

David
    Yes david i made them on the lathe, i like your record clamp idea, the shaft on
    the motor is 8mm with a flat so i start with a piece of say 15mm solid bar
    put an 8mm hole in one end, then put a 4mm grub screw thread into side to
    tighten down on the flat, thats one end dealt with the other end has to be a certain size in lenth then turn down to record spindle size for your clamp,
    then a large washer in say 5mm aluminium to fit the record size spindle.
    Phil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12