+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Outstanding digital components

Welder,

You might be happy to drive the sonic equivalent of a Ford Mondeo, but don't assume that everyone else on this thread is like you.

In comparision to the HRT, the Gramofone Analogue Convertor is nothing less than the Intergalactic Mothership of DACs - easliy capable of picking up 20 Hz-capable speakers by the scruff of their necks and tossing them around the forum member's listening space like rag-dolls to a bull.

And it is not only it's paper spec that is superior to anything else out there in the cosmos ( Asynch USB 2.0; Non-Oversampling (NOS); 24 bit Multi-bit (not cheaper Delta-Sigma) conversion ), the quality of parts used is peerless also: gold internal wiring, not one, but two, of Burr-Brown's (one per channel) best and exorbitantly priced multi-bit convertors; external power supply with quality/ shielded mains isolation transformers and sophisticated power regulation, copper shielding ... the list goes on and on and on.

The Gramofone Analogue Convertor is quite simply: The best-sounding USB DAC that money can buy - for those who can afford it. And I as I have mentioned on my Gramofone thread, I'm trying to put the GF gear within the nominal reach of some members on this thread, by offering a few direct sale units at dealer rates (-40%).

Stanley B

The fact is that they are old hat now, and that they have done a good job of polluting our already polluted planet.

Good to read however that at least something positive has come out of this era.

I'm ChrisB.

Malcolm,
    You may not have noticed some of the courtesies that we generally extend to other members of AoS, because your activity here seems to be pretty much restricted to the promotion of your own products. However, I think it's fair to say that we all frown a little on comments like yours above, where you cast aspersions on other people's choices and gear – especially when you are trying to make a sale of your own product.

Ok, Grand Wazoo, point taken ... Sorry I got rather swept away by the passion there.

I'm John.

@ gramofon sales rep.
    My view is this; if Marco is content to let you, or any other trade rep, advertise their company’s products in a section of the forums that’s up to him and as a rule I don’t read it.
    Unfortunately for your company, you don’t seem to have the sense to realize that the section “the trade” has is a bit of a privilege.
    However, imo, the minute you shove your unsubstantiated claims onto a general thread you’re fair game.
    I would have thought a competent salesperson would bear in mind on forums such as these and in general, that they are the “trade” and everyone else here is a prospective customer and it seems to me that all prospective customers need to be treated with a degree of politeness and subservience.
    You see son, you aren’t buying while many of us here do.
    Okay, even you, must have realized from the derision and skepticism your product has received on your posts in the “trade” thread that you’re not likely to sell many units through this forum. However, lots read who don’t comment and all the unsubstantiated bollocks you’ve already written is there for all to see; now you’ve decided to insult your prospective customer base.
    From now on please use the back entrance or I’ll set the dog on you.
    Single spur balanced Mains. Self built music server with 3 seperate linear PSU, Intel i5, 16 GB RAM no hard drive (various Linux OS). Benchmark Dac2 HGC, single ended XLR interconnects/Belkin cable. Exposure 21RC Pre, Super 18 Power (recap & modified). Modded World Audio HD83 HP amp. Hand built Monitors with external crossovers , Volt 250 bass & ABR, Scanspeak 13M8621 Mid & Scanspeak D2905/9300 Hi. HD595 & Beyer 880 (600 ohm) cans.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
    -Bertrand Russel

John.

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    From now on please use the back entrance or I’ll set the dog on you.
    LOL! I nearly wet my pants just then!

Welder

I'm afraid 'politeness and subservience' traits are that you severely lack my friend. And indeed, why anybody in their right mind would behave that way towards you, is way beyond most people's imagination.

If you had enough sense to look at yourself in the mirror (of course maybe you have good reason not to), and see how you behave towards others, then it wouldn't take a beeping genius to work out why people call your beeping toys Ford Mondeos.

Gramofone will shortly be on sale in China, so it certainly doesn't need to pander to you or your ilk.

To mention a very relevant Gramofone product on this thread and offer a substantial discount, which members can take advantage of, is something some members will appreciate - whether or not you like it.

I am also happy to attempt to 'substantiate' any claims I make for the GF gear to serious customers, who can take along their existing USB DACs for comparison purposes.

I'm Nobody.

O well no ones mentioned it yet. Cambridge Audio 'CD1'

I'm Gary.

Is product Shilling allowed in a general forum?
    What does the AUP say?

I've seen others snapped down for it, and Gramofone no offence, but your coming across a bit arrogant.
    If your products THAT good it will sell itself, your not doing it any favours.

Trying to get in maybe before John Westlake's Dac comes out, hmnn?

Just my £0.02 worth...
    Last edited by Gazjam; 27-10-2010 at 17:13.
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

People hardly ever buy gear at this price based on what I, or anybody else say.
    You really have to convince yourself, before shelling out a wad of cash to a stranger.

Speaking of which, I forgot to mention that Gramofone is now available in the US, from the US KSL Kondo distributor, Sounds of Silence. So potential US customers can contact them to arrange a demo.

Personally, if a Trade member has a product relevant to a thread discussion - which many members may not even be aware of - then, provided he wears his trade credentials on his sleeve, I don't see what is conceivably wrong with that.

Different of course, the situation where individuals with trade interest use forum aliases to big-up 'opportunities' under assumed identities - a situation which also occurs in stock market manipulation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast