+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Outstanding digital components

I'm Yiangos.

One great dac,and you can find it in the secondhand market at a not so prohibitive price,
    is the Audio Synthesis DAX Decade.

My humble Rotel which I keep meaning to change, but either don't have the funds, or get the readies but something else crops up! But it just keeps on playing and making quite decent music
    LP12-DEN0N DL110-MUSICAL FIDELITY XLP PHONO PRE CR DEVELOPMENT ORPHEUS AMP
    MICROMEGA STAGE 1 CD
    DENON TU260LII TUNER
    EPOS M15.5 LOUDSPEAKERS

I'm Tony.

One of the most musical and great pieces for myself the Wadia 15 dac
    Coherent Systems
    Real high end sound with musicality not hifi

I'm Huey.

7520 dac, missing link cryo cables and Teac VRDS 20

I'm Tyrone.

Not strictly one component but several I suppose - Meridian DSP 5000 Speakers. Not the path to go down if you like upgrading but imho when heard you would never find a reason to do so.

I'm David.

linn majik ds is a work of genius, it sounds simply amazing it has completely solved all of the isssues i had with my hifis sound
    and i can control it with my laptop or (old) pda, if i leave the pda in the dock by the tv and change the music with the pc the dock displays what is playing. and to top it off that although it is hard wired to the router it is linked wirelessly to the pc where all the music is at the other end of the house, and works flawlessly.
    everyone who had a cd player should sell it, put there cds to flac and buy a linn ds and i mean everyone!
    on top of this, i have a 7520 upstairs where the pc with the music on is and that sounds bloody amazing and i havent even put any new opamps in it .
    the guy who came round to set up the linn ds said stans dac with my tripath and dynaudio a42s sounded "absolutly outstanding, quite frankly stageringly good value for money"
    needless to say, it all good in the digital domain of the house of gill

Or you can get a Freecom 350 or 450 wireless router and hook it up to the TC-7520. Far cheaper.

The Pioneer Elite PD-D6-J that I have now sounds great, especially considering its price point. It plays SACD's and CD's, both of which sound excellent. However the CD's actually come out sounding better.

An old time favorite of mine is the Sony DVP-NS755V from years ago. I still have it and use it from time to time. It's main design was DVD, but it's audio section is stellar, being able to play CD's and SACD's with DSD decoding. I've never done a side-by-side comparison between it and the Elite, but I bet they would be extremely close.

Now if I could find one at a good price in excellent shape, it would have to be the Wadia 860. Where I worked at the time, I had plenty of play time with this CD player and absolutely loved it. I had the chance to get one at cost, but the turbo on my car blew up and I had to put the $$$ towards that instead. Figures...

Still my favorite after almost two years, the Naim CD555.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

It should be bloody good at that price, too!

I do rate the 555, but just as good can be had for MUCH less money. You should research some of the classic CDPs using TDA1541 chips, especially those that have been heavily modified (see my sig ), and the likes of the Oracle (see our banner, top R/H corner).

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast