+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Outstanding digital components

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    Is product Shilling allowed in a general forum?
    What does the AUP say?
    You lost me there Gaz? It's ok i'm thick at times whats AUP?

I'm Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    You lost me there Gaz? It's ok i'm thick at times whats AUP?
    Acceptable Use Policy?
    Forum Rules....
    AC POWER
    Hardwired 10kVA balanced mains powering entire system
    AMPS
    Meridian 557 power Amp (Modded) / PS Audio BHK Preamp (Modded)
    SPEAKERS
    Wharfedale Evo 4.4
    DAC
    PS Audio Directstream (Modded)
    TURNTABLE
    Pro-Ject X8 balanced output via XLR / Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge
    PHONOSTAGE
    Pro-Ject DS3 B balanced Input (TT and Phonostage powered by Pro-Ject Power box RS2 linear psu)
    DIGITAL
    OPPO 203 (Modded: Linear PSU, i2s output to Dac) - Roon Endpoint, HDMI input used for all things Streaming/ PS5 /AppleTV ... also good for movies apparently?
    MUSIC PLAYBACK
    Tweaked AP-Linux based Roon Server into Oppo 203 as Roon endpoint
    Ipad Roon Remote.
    Apple Music/ YouTube via AppleTV, fed to Dac via Oppo HDMI input/i2s output to Dac.
    SPEAKER CABLES
    Biwired: Duelund DCA10GA (Bass) Duelund DCA16GA (mid & treble) Duelund 12DCA used as jumpers (On
    "Blackcat Cable" Chris Sommivigo's advice - yup, even with biwire it sounds better - and it does)
    INTERCONNECTS
    All Balanced: Ghost+ recording studio XLR cables

I'm Nobody.

product Shilling allowed what lost me Gaz sorry & who?

I'm Nick.

Putting my mod hat on...

This isn't shilling chaps... Malcolm isn't making any bones about the fact that he's trade, he's not masquerading as a punter, which is where shilling comes in.

Malcolm though, please avoid making your comments personal. This goes for everyone else too, please.

It's worth pointing out that The Trade Impressions forum is where Trade are encouraged to promote their products... the other areas of the forum are for general discussion, and the sharing of experience. The experience of Trade members is greatly valued, but please lets keep the sales promotion stuff in Trade Impressions.

[/mod hat off]
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by gramofone View Post

The Gramofone unit is the first commercial DAC in the World that has successfully implemented Asynch USB 2.0.
    Could you tell us how asynchronous USB 2.0 is better than asynchronous USB 1.1 please?

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi 'NuuK',

Welcome to AOS

Could you please pop into the Welcome area and introduce yourself to our community by supplying your first name, basic geographic location, system details and music tastes, as this is the requirement for all new members joining AOS.

Cheers!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuk View Post
    Could you tell us how asynchronous USB 2.0 is better than asynchronous USB 1.1 please?
    Hello Nick,

Nice of you to drop in.

The main ticket items are the massively increased bandwidth that enables USB 2.0 up to 192 kHz sampling rates and multichannel capability ( a feature that Gramofone fully intends to exploit in forthcoming product releases).

Less obvious are the changes to the USB Audio Class 2 specification. If you look at the release notes, it documents a significant number of bug fixes and lifting of limitations to/ from the original USB Audio Class 1 standard. The Audio class model has been developed/ elaborated to provide a host of new control functions, and complete rewrites of domains in the previous USB Audio Class 1 model.

As with everything, of course, there is design & implementation, and it is up to 3rd. party hardware developers to take advantage of these new features in their USB Audio Class 2-enabled controllers, in order to provide a more robust and better control of the High Speed USB environment.

I'm Nick.

Thank you for the explanation Malcolm. You seem to know me from somewhere but I don't think that I know you.

As with everything, of course, there is design & implementation, and it is up to 3rd. party hardware developers to take advantage of these new features in their USB Audio Class 2-enabled controllers, in order to provide a more robust and better control of the High Speed USB environment.
    Presumably that means that DAC's like yours will need to come with their own drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuk View Post
    Thank you for the explanation Malcolm. You seem to know me from somewhere but I don't think that I know you.

Presumably that means that DAC's like yours will need to come with their own drivers?
    Yes, I remember you from the mid-Noughties ... your Gainclone articles helped a lot of people, myself included. You might remember Pedja, who is helping out with the Gramofone project.

Mac have signed up to Audio Class 2 and supply drivers natively with Snow Leopard onwards, I believe.

Microsoft have been slow in uptake of AC2, so 3rd. Party vendors have stepped in to fill the void. Thesycon and one or two others have already released drivers.

We have bought a distribution license from Thesycon, so GF02 will come with the Audio Class 2 driver included.

I'm Nick.

Thanks again. It's getting quite important to keep up with all the latest developments in computer audio. It was all so much simpler with the Gaincloning!

Please give my regards to Pedja.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast