+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Diets

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Probably liquids sadly. Hope she recovers soon...

I've fallen off the Diabetes wagon again and it's very difficult climbing back on, the chocoholic that I am - that and pils lager - cough...... At least I have three flights of stairs to navigate many times a day at work. I have the twice yearly bloods this week and aren't sure what to expect this time, especially as the recent man-flu bout took my blood pressure to heights it shouldn't be anywhere near...

Well done Andr'e on the weight loss. If you cut that mane of yours back, you'd lose another half a stone I'm sure
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post

If you cut that mane of yours back, you'd lose another half a stone I'm sure
    I have a Demis Roussos style beard to add to that now

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

No hope at all
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Imjustsurviving.

Well done Andr'e,

I have fallen of the wagon a bit last week due to working away and staying in a B&B all week, fry up every morning at 7 and eating our every night is not good for the cause

I havn't been in 34 waist trousers for over twenty years
    Jon

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.

Set up
    Lafayette el84 power amp , Audio note M1 pre , Tannoy Sterlings, Garrard 301 , SME 3012 , puresound P10, Ortofon SPU, Cambridge CXN streamer
    Micro mega Duo 3 cd transport ,

I'm Dave.

Well done Andre...

I'd forgotten about this thread. I too have lost 4 1/2 stone in 4 1/2 months by calorie counting. It's as simple as that.

No exercise whatsoever as I work long hours and am too tired even to lift a finger when I finish.

I'm looking forward to showing all my friends on my next day off on January 4th.

And no i'm not kidding i'm working 12 hour shifts every single day until Jan 4th... lol

I'm Nobody.

Well done Dave, calorie counting is just that, any dietry book should show chart where you take your height/weight/age into account, giving the allowed daily calorie allowance for you..

The first half of the day was tought at first.. Easiest thing for me was try avoid just cereal or toast for brekki making me feel hungry before dinner, an Egg or even beanz on toast kept me going without hunger. As i got well into the diet the getting hungry just went away.

However the maintaining is important now, i never ever want to get overweight again, i know full well drinking larger for England was the biggest contributer to my weight gain, so i completely cut that out, special mixed kebabs with lashing of garlic sauce the size of Birmingham city centre didnt help either, but now i'm done i look down on those things with disgust..

Yes i'm working all the way thru Dave, just New Years day off as it's the wife's birthday, don't do crimbo anyway so best off earning plenty cutter, instead of sat on my arse with temptation in front of me
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 04-12-2012 at 00:42.

I'm Dave.

Andre, Basically I have 2 x brown toast for breakfast and 2 x tortillas with tuna and salad in the evening. That comes to about 1000 calories. I also have 3 liters of water and about 4 x green teas which have no calories.

When I have a night off (rare these days) I have either fish or chicken and a pile of vegetables. I never eat after 17:00.

I use a site called 'My fitness pal' which is free to join and has an excellent food database to help inform me which food has what calories.

I also take a vitamin C tablet everyday.

Apart from going from a 44" waist to a 36" waist my blood pressure has returned to normal for the first time in 20 years.

I can also now see my tallywacker without the aid of a mirror...

I'm Nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing Fish View Post

I can also now see my tallywacker without the aid of a mirror...
    Brilliant, i had the same problem, scared the shit ot of me one morning, i forgot i gotten one

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234