+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alreet!

I'm steve.

Default Alreet!

Hello

Just getting into this Hi-Fi lark! Listen to a lot of Nick Cave, early punk, Joy division,Floyd (only with Waters in tho!), all sorts of stuff really, Very catholic taste!. Me meagre kit is Logic tempo tt with A&R p77 cart, Micromega cd and Morgan Deva 300 integrated. B&W dm 601's but they are getting replaced as soon as!

I'm Craig.

Hi mate

You will find this a great forum!

I'm ChrisB.

Hi Steve,
    A very warm welcome to AoS from me mate.

It's probably not too late to add your thoughts to the Album Club thread we had the other week about 'Murder Ballads'. We've just got going with this idea - every week a member chooses an album in a similar way to a book club, we all go off & listen to it & then report back.

Quote Originally Posted by macsiemus View Post
    Just getting into this Hi-Fi lark............. B&W dm 601's but they are getting replaced as soon as!
    You need to be careful making statements like that around here - you're liable to be broke in pretty short order because we'd love to tell you how to spend your cash!

Welcome once again.
    Cheers

I'm steve.

Cheers, will have a look at the "Murder Ballads" thread.
    And as for spending my cash, I might be in the market for some advice on upgrading my speakers when I work out how much I can afford to spend! Which depends upon how much I get from stuff I'm selling!. So I'll ask when I've got the cash in my hands!

I'm Will.

Alreet marra, how's yer fettle...?

I'm an old Sunderland Poly graduate, was there back in the 80's, living on Hilton Rd.

Welcome aboard...

R.E. new speakers I've been taking some interest in this thread myself...

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11682
    Cheers, Will

I'm steve.

Alreet Will, If you were at Sunderland Poly in *)'s I wouldn't be suprised if we had friends in common. Especially if ya did fine arts or pyschology. Did ya used to drink in the Carlton Bar?

I'm Paul.

Arlreet Macsiemus-welcome to the forum! Just down the A19 in sunny Easington..
    Paul.

I'm steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur View Post
    Arlreet Macsiemus-welcome to the forum! Just down the A19 in sunny Easington..
    Alreet Paul. Was down that way on me bike today! on the Railway paths at South Hetton. You on the lane or in the village. Presumably village going by A19.

I'm Will.

Alreet Will, If you were at Sunderland Poly in *)'s I wouldn't be suprised if we had friends in common. Especially if ya did fine arts or pyschology. Did ya used to drink in the Carlton Bar?
    Looks like you had a bit of a shift lock problem with the date, I was there from 82 to 86, with a sandwich year out in 84/85

I did, but only when I went out with me arty mates...I was over at the wearmouth site, doing computing, so spent most of my drinking time in the Royalty, & museum vaults etc. Initially I was in the poly precinct, and then on Hilton road next to the Willow pond.

Were you there when the Clash did the impromptu busking show in the Carlton bar?
    Cheers, Will

I'm Paul.

Alreet Paul. Was down that way on me bike today! on the Railway paths at South Hetton. You on the lane or in the village. Presumably village going by A19.
    In the village
    Paul.

+ Reply to Thread