+ Reply to Thread
Page 323 of 459 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 4584

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm gone.

No - Tom's fussy, I have just got good taste.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Aye, of course!

With classical music, as long as it comes across as a 'nice wee tune' (to my ears), I'm happy. I don't 'intellectualise' over the music in any way, as I don't know enough about it.

So stuff like the 'structure' you mentioned before wouldn't even enter my radar.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm gone.

Oboe concertos from the baroque to the present ..."Down a river of time".
    Yummy!

https://open.spotify.com/album/25uERKGvWUyijSM71teDsT

More meandering, structureless tat from Marco towers:

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm gone.

Oo no, Samartini would be great!

I'm gone.

I'm gone.

.... which led me on to Francesco Biscogli .... who?!

Concerto for trumpet, oboe, bassoon and violin. What a weird combination!
    And very nice it is, too.

https://open.spotify.com/album/30mb6GWhcfltq48aOz3k6T

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Ah, so you have taste after all!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Ah, so you have taste after all!

Marco.
    Occasionally.
    Not often, though.

Playing now ....

https://open.spotify.com/album/7rH1WgFRjNCrp03JBJXgmR

I'm gone.

Violin sonata type stuff by Joaquin Turina (Spanish bod, 1882 -1949).
    Nice 2oth century tang to it all.

https://open.spotify.com/album/1d8znPPkeCsFIIbwja6Ap0

+ Reply to Thread