+ Reply to Thread
Page 327 of 459 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 4584

Thread: Spinning Today (Classical version)

I'm Kim.

This is hitting the spot right now while there's no-one else around, but not sure I'll be able to listen to the whole piece when others start to come into the office.

I'm gone.

Morton Feldman.
    Hah, yes, well .... you have to be in the right mood, I find.
    I'll try that one later.

______

Watched the SF movie Arrival last night.
    Best thing about it (although it was quite a good film) was the music to the closing credits ...

Max Richter's On the Nature of Daylight from this album (all of which is excellent)

https://open.spotify.com/album/2Zlgv1oosng3OWHzdcTk9a

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I'll check the Richter out on Spottyarse later....

Trawling through my selection of music from (unknown to me) composers, I found this rather nice recording of clarinet concertos:

Are you aware of Mannheimer Schule, Jerry?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm gone.

I couldn't find the Wergo album that Kim linked to on Spotify, but found the same piece on Hat Hut.
    It's well over 4 hours long!
    Interesting. I may well be in this for the long haul.

https://open.spotify.com/album/7JgposruA8VmRl4JcqJWu4

Last edited by jandl100; 16-11-2017 at 08:19.

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Are you aware of Mannheimer Schule, Jerry?

Marco.
    Yes, a well known (in classical circles!) largely Bohemian grouping of composers who worked in and around the Mannheim royal court toward the end of the 18th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannheim_school

I'm gone.

A jawdrop performance of Liszt's formidable piano sonata.
    Just watch this lady play.

I'm Kim.

I have The Blue Notebooks on Vinyl and "On the Nature of Daylight" is an incredibly beautiful piece - almost saccharine?

[I really enjoyed Arrival and am quite a fan of the director. Hairs on the back of my neck stood on end when the film's central idea was made apparent!].

I think the rest of the music in that film was Johann Johannsson - I can thoroughly recommend IBM - A User's Manual by him:

Aimed to capture a lost age and nostalgia for old IT machinery and worked quite well for me.

I'm Kim.

Thank you Jerry - I don't know the Liszt, but enjoyed watching the youtube.

My, she has quite a style!

I'm gone.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

More French crap this morning, Jerry, but I liked the cat!

The music is actually rather good too, to my philistine ears...

Susie Napper? She's got to be Scottish!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

+ Reply to Thread