+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone know where i might get these?

I'm mike.

Default anyone know where i might get these?

hi, does anyone know where i might be able to get these 4 band resistors?. thanks, mike.Attachment 11796Attachment 11797

I'm mike.

sorry, just to clarify its the larger two vertical resistors in the pic, bands appear to be- blue,grey,orange,gold- and orange,white,grey,gold. thanks again for any advice.

I'm Alan.

Hi Mike,

The first is a 68K 5% resistor. The second looks like Orange/White/Silver which would be 0.39 ohms, again 5%.
    They look like 3W size.

If it's just the outer cement layer that's missing, this is just an outer skin to protect the resistive element.
    Are the resistors otherwise damaged? Do you have a means to test the values?

I may have some spares if you need them, I'll have a look,

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Hi Mike,

The first is a 68K 5% resistor. The second looks like Orange/White/Silver which would be 0.39 ohms, again 5%.
    They look like 3W size.

If it's just the outer cement layer that's missing, this is just an outer skin to protect the resistive element.
    Are the resistors otherwise damaged? Do you have a means to test the values?

I may have some spares if you need them, I'll have a look,

Alan
    they went pop the other night and they have burn marks on top so im assuming these are the culprits. i dont have any way to test them tho. if you have any spare i would be willing to remunerate you for kindness. thanks for your time. mike.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Problem is, there will most likely be a reason they went pop. Have a good look round the rest of the board.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    Problem is, there will most likely be a reason they went pop. Have a good look round the rest of the board.
    i have checked the board and these were the only obvious blown components, i thought id at least try to replace them before throwing it out. thanks. mike.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Aye, worth a try.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by 09mike69 View Post
    i have checked the board and these were the only obvious blown components, i thought id at least try to replace them before throwing it out. thanks. mike.
    I have a couple of 33K 2W that you could connect in series to replace the 68K, and a 0.5 ohm 2.5W that you could put in place of the 3.9 ohm.
    PM your address and I'll stick them in the post, FOC.

I'm all for trying to keep stuff out of the skip

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm mike.

I have a couple of 33K 2W that you could connect in series to replace the 68K, and a 0.5 ohm 2.5W that you could put in place of the 3.9 ohm.

Alan
    thanks, i've pm'd you my address, if you can let me know if you got my message. many thanks, mike.

I'm mike.

Alan
    thanks for takin the time to post the resistors alan, its still blowin the fuses but it was worth a shot before it goes to the dump.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast