Quote Originally Posted by dave2010 View Post
I suspect that I may never had have had BitPerfect working. Apparently it has to work with SoundFlower - not sure if that gets installed during the initial setup. Anyway, I sure have SoundFlower now, but I don't get any output either on my iMacs speakers or through the headphone socket. Maybe it wasn't intended to run that way, but I thought it would.

I have configured SoundFlower to take output from iTunes, but I still get no output. I've also tried to configure things to force the output.

Seems rather unsatisfactory to me. I'd be glad to know if others succeeded more easily.

It may, of course, be excellent software, but with operating instructions written in Klingon, and only available on Planet Zod, in which case phrases about serving tea from chocolate teapots spring to mind.

I thought it was going to be pretty much plug and play, but clearly I was misguided.
BitPerfect had an update recently. I've just tried it for the first time since then, and other than having to restart iTunes, it works ok, and indeed has fixed the issue I had with it not releasing the output device. I can now simply switch between itunes output or BitPerfect output by disabling BitPerfect (and restarting the track).

I don't know about Soundflower, and, as far as I can tell, do not have it installed on my imac. I do however have Soundsource, which is an audio output selector menu bar thingy, which may use Soundflower code I guess.

I'm not using a DAC at the moment. This test was made using headphones connected to the imac via my iMic USB device. It's just a little audio i/o unit.

As for sound quality goes, as yet, I cant really tell the difference between iTunes o/p and BitPerfect o/p!