+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: JPLAY - Hi-end audio player for Windows

I'm ILOB.

bloody heck
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm ILOB.

I am now using Ultra (its the latest engine that you can use in Windows 8 and managed to just use one Ethernet cable without the need for a hub. Bloody heck......The impact and attack is amazing, plus open soundstage and detail
    Like always I am left with where can it go now
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

I'm Clive.

Hi John, I've installed the released version but can't listen until tomorrow. What US value are you finding works vs RC 15, is it different as Josef suggests?
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm ILOB.

I will play around with it today had it set at 1750 as was using that in last set up but not sure what sounds best yet Its sounding pretty balanced no harshness in the treble but as you know, altering the size can have a big effect

I'm ILOB.

I prefer the higher settings in Ultra not a lot of difference but opens out a bit more in the higher settings

I'm Clive.

Hi John, I'm not in a position critically listen currently but I can tell that low UltraSize settings sound ok, whether in my system higher settings sound better will have to wait for tomorrow. BTW the lowest setting that plays music with the JKDAC32 is 169; for the iFi iDAC with its XMOS receiver the min is the Jplay min of 20.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side

I'm ILOB.

The differences in my system are not much Clive

I'm angus.

Try out Lubuntu + Latency Kernel + Deadbeef, I kind of think this would be a better solution than Jplay.

I'm ILOB.

Perhaps but 2pc set up in Jplay is very impressive. The only way to be sure is to compare.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by aliuab View Post
    Try out Lubuntu + Latency Kernel + Deadbeef, I kind of think this would be a better solution than Jplay.
    It might well be but the 2 PC version of Jplay in hibernation mode devotes the entire pc connected to the DAC to a single purpose, all ling as you turn off a few windows features. The DAC-connected pc does not do any flac conversion, or processing of wavs as a player so it's arguably more dedicated than a single pc unbuntu solution. A 2 pc unbuntu solution though could well be an improvement.

The sweet spot for Jplay are windows users who a do some mild tweaking and who can't be bothered with twin boot setups or don't want to get involved with ubuntu and all the tweaks needed with it. Likewise people who don't want to fiddle at all are better buying a server from Gazam, Linn Naim etc. So each has it's place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718