+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Belkin noise sniffer £20

I'm Jostein.

And then you have the Blue Horizon mains noise analyzer:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/bluehorizon/1.html
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by jostber View Post
    And then you have the Blue Horizon mains noise analyzer:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/bluehorizon/1.html
    Interesting that - I had similar findings with my Belkin sniffer and my iBook.

In a temporary installation, all my kit is plugged into a powerboard which goes into a twin wall socket. In the other socket is an adaptor plug with the wall-warts for my wifi router and the base station for my hands free phone, both within 18" of the socket.

I plugged the sniffer into the power block to be met with virtual silence, even on the greatest sensitivity. Very impressed. Then I noticed that I had left the power unit for my iBook in the mains block. I pulled it out, and the Belkin went berserk. Even on the lowest sensitivity it was still loud! Back in went the iBook - silence. When I eventually set it up properly, I must try and assess any changes in the dynamics.

Meantime, the iBook power unit stays in the mains block!

I'm Stewart.

If anyone has a spare one of the Belkin ones for sale, I would be interested in buying it.
    Best Regards,
    Stu.
    Amp: Cyrus 8XP & PSXR CD Player: Cyrus 8 SE & PSXR
    Speakers:
    Monitor Audio Silver RX8 Speaker cable: 3m of Tellurium Q Black + Jumpers
    Dac:
    Arcam r-DAC with
    MCRU Linear PSU Streamer: Logitech Squeezebox Touch with EDO upgrade & MCRU Linear PSU
    All Interconnects:
    Mark Grant
    G1000HD Power leads & Dist Block: Mixture of Mark Grant DSP2.5 & MCRU No:14

I'm David.

I still have colin's which he may not mind you borrowing, just found it when tidying up!

I'm colin.

He can borrow it if he posts it back!
    Technic 1210, PS3, AVI neutron 2.1, Icon Audio p1 phono stage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345