+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony SCD777ES tweaking

Default Sony SCD777ES tweaking

I own a Sony SCD777ES SACD that could never beat my analogue equipement. The up to 20.000 Hz cut of the cds practically eliminates the balance of sound, the timbre of instruments, etc that are present on analogue recordings. Cds sound to me as perfect snapshots of a part but the combined snapshots miss all the balance of the original sound. Other bad things happen with the lots of microphones used by modern sound engineers ...
    Anyway, I have read that Marco tweaked his Sony X-777ES by the english company Audiocom that offers various upgrades with different prices. I would be interested in what you have done.
    In Italy there is a company Audiocom owned by engineer Alberto Ingoglia that offers this upgrade to this player - in his opinion one of the best together with the SCD 1ES - but he suggested not to change the original clock because it is very good and the improvement by the change isn't so sure. On the other hand the output state final of the player. Here in italian what he offers: " riprogettazione dello stadio di uscita e la sua sostituzione con un circuito totalmente a discreti, senza controreazione, pensato proprio "ad hoc" (anche il livello di uscita rimane standard) con linee di amplificazione totalmente separate per le uscite bilanciate (optional per il 777) e sbilanciate. Anche l'alimentazione di tale nuovo stadio viene di fatto riprogettata (sullo stesso circuito originale) a MosFet senza controreazione per la stabilizzazione, così come l'alimentazione del convertitore (pure a MosFet). Il cablaggio è interamente in cavo argentato ad alto spessore isolato in teflon.
    E' un lavoro di altissimo livello, unico nel suo genere, e le prestazioni sonore crescono in maniera vertiginosa, raggiungendo davvero livelli assoluti, magari potrebbe iniziare a riconsiderare il confronto con la sua catena analogica... ".
    The price isn't exactly cheap (about 813 pounds) for all the upgrade.
    Here are some picture of the upgraded SCD1ES http://www.aurionaudio.it/Galleria%20foto%201.htm if you, please, take a look at it.

Grazie, and sorry for the quoting in italian ...

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Just to make it easier for our non-Italian speaking members, that quote as translated by Babelfish:

"Redesign of the output stage and its substitution with a circuit totally to discreet, without feedback, thought own " ad hoc " (also the level of escape remains standard) with lines of amplification totally separated for the escapes balanced (optional for the 777) and canted. Also such feeding of new stage comes of fact redesigned (on the same circuit originates them) to MosFet without feedback for the stabilization, thus like the feeding of the converter (also to MosFet). The wiring is entire in cable silverplated to high thickness isolated in teflon. A job of highest level, only in its kind, and the sonorous performances grow in breathtaking way, catching up indeed absolute levels, could even begin to reconsider the comparison with its analogic chain"

Ben Duncan mains conditioner
    2022 MacBook Pro 14" M1 Pro 10/16/16/16
    Samsung QE75Q90T 75" QLED TV
    XMOS DSD Async USB to Coax converter
    RME Audio ADI-2 FS (AK4493) DAC
    Chord Clearway XLR interconnects
    Audioquest Crimson USB interconnect
    QED Quartz Reference optical interconnect
    Edifier S3000 Pro active speakers
    Atacama SE24 stands

I'm Shane.

Howcome Italian is so damn sexy, even when you know it's about something as unsexy as a DAC, and you don't understand a single syllable?

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    How come Italian is so damn sexy?...
    Steady on, you'll get Marco all excited!

Atacama SE24 stands

Filtertlab thanks for the translation.
    Babelfish translates better from italian to english then the opposite! Anyway this time I couldn't laugh so much as after reading a translation in italian in a previous message about Denon DL103

Shane, britt' politicians could try to speak in italian to sugar the pill for the crowd. A sort of modern Monthy Pyton, that we italians simply adore!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Howcome Italian is so damn sexy, even when you know it's about something as unsexy as a DAC, and you don't understand a single syllable?
    Hehe... We're just a damn sexy nation, mate, language and everything else

Before I got married you've no idea how 'handy' is was being able to speak in Italian to women

Rob,

All I need to get 'excited', mate, is look at that picture of you with your keyboard. You is hot, baby!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    All I need to get 'excited', mate, is look at that picture of you with your keyboard. You is hot, baby!

Marco.
    Isn't it a guitar instead of a keyboard? A great phallic metaphor, indeed!

Ragazzi una doccia fredda!
    A cold shower guys!
    Last edited by Historicus; 24-10-2008 at 13:24.

Haha... Indeed, Piero. No this is something different. I'm referring to a picture Rob knows about when he was young and, erm, 'gay'...

Perhaps he'll post it again here and you'll see what I mean

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm BigBobJoylove.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Rob,

Hehehehehe, damn right baby!

Here I am in all my young glory looking hot and hunky with my keyboard. Ooooh, the early 90s were great! I don't think Esther would agree with the 'gay' bit though, she has a different opinion!

Atacama SE24 stands

Hehe...

Piero, è proprio bello lui, da vero?

Marco.
    Main System

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast