+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best cart for SME 3009 arm

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I think you can mail-order them directly...

http://stylus.export-japan.com/index...sort=2a&page=6
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Buffet-blower.

Sir will be wanting one of these...

SAS Jico tipped M75 in a Sumiko headshell - I'm chuffed to bits with it and it works very nicely in my pre-improved 3009. A big sound, surprisingly agile for an 'old' cartridge too, it sounds modern yet still with that pleasingly warm, full-bodied presentation which cartridges like the DL103 have.
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm Josie.

Cheers guys.

Thanks Richard.. Yeah, thats what I'm after for the Thorens. Just need to sell my Ortofon.

Great pic btw..
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Nobody.

Sumi headshell would kill the vintage look. I use ADC carts with 3009 sounded great but styli are expensive. Goldring G900 series sounded good.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

I like the Sumiko headshell myself but I'd suggest the spacer under the arm-base. Can't remember if I've said that before and been told it is preferred that way????
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Nobody.

All loverly Dave but take a look at the Authentic system, last thing he wants is a trendy shell
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 07-08-2011 at 12:23.

I'm Josie.

your right andre... I want to keep the original look, I like it too much.. lol

I'm sure it will be fine with the orignial SME headshell wouldn't it? I'd love an SPU but foookin ell.. they aren't cheap.
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123