Closed Thread
Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Album Club - Discussion Thread Only

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I just knew you'd pipe up!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nobody.

Pipe up! you lot literally make me feel ill to the point i feel sorry for yer, with all the utter tripe peeps listern to. it's almost as if your all desperate or summert. It's quite obvious there's not an ounce of musical knowledge between the lotter yer

(This is not mean to be offensive or anything it just absolutly turns me away from the forum)

I'm Keith.

I don't see why you feel everyone needs like the same music as you mate

I like psych/prog stuff, but there's lots of other rewarding music (from both before and after that era) that I need to listen to as well.
    Keith
    Analogue: Lenco L75 with 'PTP5' top plate in heavy birch ply plinth/re-wired Rega RB300/SAE 1000e HOMC Cartridge/Trans-Fi Reso-Mat/Moth RCM
    Files: Voyage MPD/Custom PC/Supra USB/Beresford ASYNCH-1/Beresford TOSlink cable
    CDP: Inca Katana SE
    DAC: Beresford Caiman MkII (LiPo Battery powered)
    Pre-Amp: Croft Micro 25 Power-Amp: Croft Series 7
    Speakers: DIY Frugel-Horn Mk3 ('FH3') + REL Strata subwoofer
    Headphones: Beyer Dynamics DT990 Pro (250 ohm)/Schiit Asgard Headphone Amp
    Cables - Interconnects: Mark Grant G1000HD Speaker Cables: Van Damme Blue
    Mains: Belkin PF30/Mark Grant DSP2.5 & DSP1.0 Rack: Target

Office System: HP Win8 Laptop/JRiver/MF V-Link2/Beresford Bushmaster MkII/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 771e
    Bedroom System: Raspberry Pi/Raspbrian + MPD/HiFiBerry DAC/Topping TP20 Mk2/Mission 760i or DIY Hybrid Valve-MOSFET Headphone amp + Sennheiser HD595

Gallery

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Pipe up! you lot literally make me feel ill to the point i feel sorry for yer, with all the utter tripe peeps listern to. it's almost as if your all desperate or summert. It's quite obvious there's not an ounce of musical knowledge between the lotter yer

(This is not mean to be offensive or anything it just absolutly turns me away from the forum)
    Whats the matter with dire straits ???
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm colin.

Can i play too? I want to nominate something contempary Andre will like
    Technic 1210, PS3, AVI neutron 2.1, Icon Audio p1 phono stage.

I'm Dave.

I've just ordered Fleetwood mac - dreams and Diana krall - live in Paris. Both double 45rpm albums pressed at the Pallas plant in Germany.

Can't wait for them to arrive from the States...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Quote Originally Posted by colinB View Post
    Can i play too? I want to nominate something contempary Andre will like
    Good luck with that!

Duly added to the list, Colin - hope you're album has a Valentines theme!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm ChrisB.

Are you going to put the 'rota' in an easy to find place Alex?

Hi Chris - post #87 of this thread, which I keep linking back to, but might be best if I set it up separately?
    Alex

I'm ChrisB.

Yeah, it's all pointing to a dedicated Album Club area isn't it?

Let's see if we can keep it going for more than a few months before we think about that.....you never know, in a couple of weeks time we might all have converted to pre-'73 prog, played only by people who wore red socks on Thursdays and ate artichokes on Tuesdays. By then it'll all be redundant because we'll all like the same stuff & there won't be any need for discussion about music at all.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast