+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: Recommended Delivery Companies

  1. #21
    Join Date: Dec 2008

    Location: Yorks

    Posts: 16,649
    I'm Nobody.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    I'd agree. My experience of Citilink has been disappointing.
    I like City Link, been very relaible to me, the depot is just down the road so i usually get first pick up that avoids me hanging around all day waiting.Parcelforce are dreadfull, three time now they have had my parcels stuck in the depot for 3 days, amazing excuses like we came but you wernt in (No card left minst)..I know damned well i was in, never again with that service, DHL deffo no no.Good & bad will all i guess more bad with some tho..

  2. #22
    Join Date: Oct 2008

    Location: East Yorkshire, UK

    Posts: 1,222
    I'm Mark.

    Default

    Pharos parcel http://www.pharosparcel.com/ are excellent.

    They use UPS for delivering packages and are the most reliable I have used.

    I have sent expensive stuff to various countries with pharos parcel and never had a problem.
    Might not be the cheapest but certainly reliable.


    I once had an expensive power amplifier for sale on ebay, someone from Gaza enquired about it and bought it.

    I booked it on Pharos parcel, UPS collected it the same day and delivered it to Gaza in around 3 or 4 days even though the BBC news showed Gaza being bombed daily at the time....

    Mark.

  3. #23
    Join Date: Sep 2009

    Location: west mids, UK

    Posts: 1,272
    I'm Phil.

    Default

    oh dear, everytime parcelforce have delivered my precious gear its been perfect and in sound condition, several times now have been quite pleased. moorgate acoustics use parcelforce and so do music first [and dhl]
    modwright 36.5 DM /MSB s200 , / Marantz sa8005/onkyo sacd /bel canto 3.5, vbs , bel canto fm1
    sonos, . dct300/ /isotek sigmas /rfc xlr/chord epic cabling/Kimber select/verity audio rienzi speakers

  4. #24
    Join Date: Dec 2008

    Location: Yorks

    Posts: 16,649
    I'm Nobody.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    oh dear, everytime parcelforce have delivered my precious gear its been perfect and in sound condition, several times now have been quite pleased. moorgate acoustics use parcelforce and so do music first [and dhl]
    Why use Moorgate Acoustics you being in W.Mids?


  5. #25
    Join Date: Jun 2010

    Location: Southampton

    Posts: 1,596
    I'm drunk.

    Default

    I usually use Parcel2go. Cheaper than going to the post office and they collect.

    I avoid Parcel Farce like the plague. They manged to loose my friends 8' canoe.

  6. #26
    Join Date: Jul 2008

    Location: Surrey

    Posts: 764
    I'm Paul.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techno Commander View Post
    I usually use Parcel2go. Cheaper than going to the post office and they collect.

    I avoid Parcel Farce like the plague. They manged to loose my friends 8' canoe.
    +1
    Paul.

  7. #27
    Join Date: Dec 2009

    Location: Swaledale, North Yorkshire + The Valley of Longevity

    Posts: 303
    I'm Toooldnowtogrowup.

    Default

    This is not a recommendation for a COMPANY ... It is a recommendation for a private individual who runs his own business with his own van and travels the length and breadth of Britain. He works by assembling a list of pickups and then when he has a worthwhile load then off he goes. Thus unless you pay a large premium he will not be available immediately.
    His big advantage is that he will hand carry .. and hand deliver ... your most prized and delicate .. or heavy and unwieldy items ... from door to door .. AND .. you do not have to worry about packaging the items if you do not have the boxes.
    To give you an example of a job he is about to do for me ... He will pick up a pair of Tannoy Ardens, JBL L19,s, Castle Howards and an unboxed valuable Acoustic guitar from 3 different locations in London and the Midlands and bring to my door in sunny Scarborough ... All items are unboxed as the previous owners had no packing.
    So if you have heavy items or delicate electronics or valves to be transported .. and are not in a big hurry .. then Dave could be your answer.

    You can email Dave on djvcourier@googlemail.com for a quote .. or questions .. .. and tell him you saw the recommendation on the hifi forum.

    (needless to say I have nothing to do with the business ... but good service deserves to be recommended.)
    Brian
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Smile, breathe and go slowly ..........................




  8. #28
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: South Wales

    Posts: 6,005
    I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

    Default

    hi all,
    i used to use UPS, Untill recently when a piece of equipment was seriously damaged while in their care, they have tried all ways to Wriggle out of paying for the damage to the item and there is currently a law suite against them, apparently, they are self insureing these days, so that means when you declare the true value of the item and insure for the full value they do not insure it they just work on the principal that it wont get broken, and if it does, its tuff luck!
    Anthony,TD...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla


  9. #29
    Join Date: Feb 2008

    Location: South Wales

    Posts: 6,005
    I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinyleyes View Post
    This is not a recommendation for a COMPANY ... It is a recommendation for a private individual who runs his own business with his own van and travels the length and breadth of Britain. He works by assembling a list of pickups and then when he has a worthwhile load then off he goes. Thus unless you pay a large premium he will not be available immediately.
    His big advantage is that he will hand carry .. and hand deliver ... your most prized and delicate .. or heavy and unwieldy items ... from door to door .. AND .. you do not have to worry about packaging the items if you do not have the boxes.
    To give you an example of a job he is about to do for me ... He will pick up a pair of Tannoy Ardens, JBL L19,s, Castle Howards and an unboxed valuable Acoustic guitar from 3 different locations in London and the Midlands and bring to my door in sunny Scarborough ... All items are unboxed as the previous owners had no packing.
    So if you have heavy items or delicate electronics or valves to be transported .. and are not in a big hurry .. then Dave could be your answer.

    You can email Dave on djvcourier@googlemail.com for a quote .. or questions .. .. and tell him you saw the recommendation on the hifi forum.

    (needless to say I have nothing to do with the business ... but good service deserves to be recommended.)
    Hi Brian,
    that sounds like a very good service, and i think from what has been happening with some of the big carriage firms lately, there will be many more like him starting up their own service, i say good luck to them.
    Anthony,TD...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla


  10. #30
    Join Date: Dec 2009

    Location: Swaledale, North Yorkshire + The Valley of Longevity

    Posts: 303
    I'm Toooldnowtogrowup.

    Default

    Yes indeed ... and the great thing is as well .. you can call him en route and know exactly when he will be arriving. The last time he brought something for me I called him en route to my house and diverted him first to my son's place and asked him to pick up my TR6 hard top and bring it down to my place and pop it in the garage ... and with a bit of help from my son and a few more quid he did all that without bother. Hence the firm recommendation.
    Just remember he will NOT be cheaper for a smallish item that could safely be DHL'd or similar .. His true value lies in getting biggish stuff shipped or multiple items/pickups that would be quite expensive by normal courier .. and the hand carried factor of course for delicate gear. ...
    Brian
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Smile, breathe and go slowly ..........................




+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •