+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Delivery Companies

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Where possible, and certianly any items of value, I always use the Post Office Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm Service. This service is handled quite differently than 'normal' post

I have found this service first class. It is not the cheapest service but that matters not when you get first class service, fully tracked, signed for, good £'s cover for loss and a very quick delivery. If I cannot use that service then I always use another Post Office/Parcelforce service

I have NEVER had a problem with any of the Post Office/Parcelforce services and will continue to use them

I have had experience of Yodel and would certainly not recommend them, a real nightmare
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Grant.

Yup special delivery is good as you get decent insurance thrown in. Ups I like too for big fragile stuff. My hermes are ok if you pack well and it's not too heavy or fragile.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Ive had excellent service from DPD and parcelforce...Ive aso had shoddy service from Parceforce just leaving an item at an obscure sub post office/ newsagents with no card through my door.

Its always difficult giving blanket recommendations because it depends on your local driver and his daily schedule/mood

I am quite wary using courier firms when selling and it wouldnt be for fragile high value items. When I do order its in the lap of the gods really but firms like Dell tend to use good enough firms with adequate insurance.

When a turntable lid is on the way Ive got fingers crossed that the seller has packed it well and the delivery staff arent the butterfingers crew having a laugh

I dont tend to use Yodel but some sellers insist on using them and its been generally ok for low value items if a bit slow. I think you get what you pay for and if the drivers are on pence per parcel I dont expect a first class service

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

I used these people to sed two parcels to Guernsay and one to Wells in Somerset on Tuesday. They seemed sensible money offered high value insurance and seemed prompt and efficient when they collected.

https://www.ipostparcels.com
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Mark.

Recently received a turntable via Parcelforce with a damaged lid - well demolished actually. The whole thing had been well packed and wrapped and would certainly have withstood normal handling. I can only imagine someone had stood on it or dropped/placed something really heavy on it, though it was marked fragile. As it was insured the sender made a claim. A month or more later I received a letter from Parcelforce saying I hadn't sent them information they had asked for and the sender received a similar letter. The strange thing is I never received any request for information from them and the sender had sent them the info they asked for - I am more than reasonably sure of this as he asked me for certain details and pictures and told me he had replied to them. In my view Parcelforce are masters of using delaying tactics and obfuscation as well as being overpriced and slow. I can see no reason to ever use their 'services'.

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Co View Post
    Recently received a turntable via Parcelforce with a damaged lid - well demolished actually. The whole thing had been well packed and wrapped and would certainly have withstood normal handling. I can only imagine someone had stood on it or dropped/placed something really heavy on it, though it was marked fragile. As it was insured the sender made a claim. A month or more later I received a letter from Parcelforce saying I hadn't sent them information they had asked for and the sender received a similar letter. The strange thing is I never received any request for information from them and the sender had sent them the info they asked for - I am more than reasonably sure of this as he asked me for certain details and pictures and told me he had replied to them. In my view Parcelforce are masters of using delaying tactics and obfuscation as well as being overpriced and slow. I can see no reason to ever use their 'services'.
    UPDATE: since writing the above I sent Parcelforce all the information they asked for plus proof of eBay and PayPal transactions together with a pretty stiff letter. I am delighted to say that they quickly made a very satisfactory re-payment to the sender who passed it on to me. So well done there. My feeling is still that they were stalling (or at least very incompetent - ref. missing mails) and I have had a previous pf experience with a parcel that went walkabout for quite a while before finally reaching me. Still not a company I would choose to do business with I'm afraid since I have had cheaper and quicker deliveries and no damages with UPS and DPD.

I'm Grant.

Smashed something coming to me and were not interested in compensating me.. dont really use them except in an emergeny
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Taz.

Worked for parcel line back in 1998 for a year and it was a very tough job with the quotas they would place on each worker. The supervisor would often hover over you as you loaded or unloaded the vans or trucks and were only interested in how fast you could do the job and didn't care for the way you did it... Lots of mail would go walkies back then too with people re-addressing parcels and packages they thought were of value

I'm Vince.

I've never had a damaged or misplaced parcel by Hermes. I must have sent hundreds and not a wimper. Royal mail special delivery and DPD are very good as well.

I'm Laurie.

Ups been a1 thus far, service is good value but insurance prohibitive .
    Vitus sia025, brinkman Bardot deck and nyquist dac,Boenicke w8se, Melco server, audiovalve sunilda phono, kondo Cables, lots of Stillpoints, Ess rack.

Worldwide 40 million chickens, ducks, and geese die daily for the plate, savage and wasteful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast