+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've got an idea!

I'm Dave.

Last edited by ursus262; 22-07-2011 at 15:29.

I'm Dave.

I'm taking my ball and going home...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm ChrisB.

Quote Originally Posted by ursus262 View Post
    So the answer is "no" then.

If I get any more suggestions for improvements, I know what I'll have to do... keep them to myself
    David,
    I don't know how you can draw such a negative conclusion from Nick's reply to you.
    We've proposed a way to show all the 'Bake-Off' events in one place, in reverse chronological order so that the most current ones are at the top of the list.

We've also looked at your suggestion for providing a map of member's locations. We're discussing the subject to try to decide whether we can do the idea justice. However, to implement it will take some considerable investment in time. None of us are paid for what we do here, you know.

Just out of interest, & to swiftly put the boot on the other foot for a moment, could you offer your time to administer this facility, should we decide to go ahead?

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by ursus262 View Post
    whatever
    I won't rise to the provocation, but that post is worth the bump. Are you alright David? There's no point burning bridges.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Dave.

My apologies if I was provocative, as it wasn't my intention to do that. i interpreted the response in a negative way which left me feeling a bit put-out.

Of course I would be happy to administer such a facility, as I do have the time go give to this.

I am always happy to contribute to the community, which is why I suggested such a meeting and social meet section in the first place.

It would be great to meet other members, even if it is just a pint in the pub.

Dave

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

My apologies if I was provocative, as it wasn't my intention to do that. i interpreted the response in a negative way which left me feeling a bit put-out.
    You were rather disrespectful to Nick, but apologies accepted, Dave.

Please remember in future, that whilst we welcome and will always listen to suggestions from our members, as to how to make AoS an even better place, we are under no obligation whatsoever to act on them.

We will do so, only *if* we consider suggestions are viable. Therefore (and this applies to everyone), if your suggestion isn't implemented, then please gracefully accept our decision and leave it at that. Petulant outbursts, when folk don't get what they want right away, are unacceptable.

I appreciate your willingness to help develop our community, and will now leave other members of the team to facilitate your kind offer

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nat-andthat'swhyIdrink.

When a member of the Saab owners club, they had a booklet of members who were willing to help other members with letters after their address saying whether they'd give advice over the phone or welcome people around for a chat or will come out and give mechanical advice...

I'm Richard.

Well can you / someone pull my bake-off thread back from the wilderness it wandered off into as it is only about two weeks to go now.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Done - it's now a sticky!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nick.

Central Meet and Bake-Off Register now up at http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12486

It's a bit thin at the moment but will be extended as events are organised going forward.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast