+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've got an idea!

I'm Dave.

Default I've got an idea!

Well, several ideas actually.

Following on from the thread that became a sticky about an ad that was removed, it solidified my thinking about further improving the bonds between us, and I wonder if Marco could consider having a section of the forum whereby people can organise social events or local gatherings.

Another thought is that we could have a map, showing approximately where we are based.

Finally, I've just realised something. Isn't there a section of the forum where suggestions for improvements can be placed? Because if there is, then I've mis-posted.

Anyway, might be worthy of consideration.

Dave

I'm ChrisB.

Isn't there a section of the forum where suggestions for improvements can be placed? Because if there is, then I've mis-posted.
    Moved to Critic's Corner!

I'm Dave.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

I'm Richard.

There should be a separate section for Bake-Offs and bake off shows, and each Bake-Off thread should be stickied until it has happened.

At the moment they just disappear down the post list and people don't know if they are still on or what the hell is happening.

Plus a room for them will encourage more people to attend or to propose one.

Remember a Bake-Off can just be a music event or even just a social gathering amongst hi-fi nerds.

I'm Nick.

We're having some discussions offline. Watch this space
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoods View Post
    We're having some discussions offline. Watch this space
    Well!?

I'm Mark.

not sure if i'd really like to meet more people like me

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Bunsen Honeydew View Post
    Well!?
    OK, I'm really not in favour of setting up a sub-forum just to cover Bake-Off's, I don't think there'd be enough activity in there to justify it. Fewer rooms is also best as far as Users knowing where to post is concerned.

What I do think would be to have a centrally maintained Sticky in Blank Canvas in which a summary of Bake-Offs / Meets could be kept. Each Bake-off or Meet would obviously have it's own thread, wherever on the forum, and a link to that thread would be included in the Summary thread. The summary thread would be organised so that Meets / Bake-offs would be listed in order with Most Recent at the top. This Summary would be maintained by us (aka the Forum Leaders).

Bake Off / Meet organisers would be responsible for letting one of the Forum Leaders (um, Mods ) know so they could update the Summary thread. We'd obviously also look out for any Meets / Bakeoffs and add them as and when.

Still thinking about the logistics of the Map idea. Conscious that Lenco-Heaven have already done it. It's a neat idea but a hack to get it done.
    Nick
    My system...

I'm Dave.

Last edited by ursus262; 22-07-2011 at 15:46.

I'm Nick.

You keep them coming David. Not every idea will necessarily get implemented but plenty do.
    Nick
    My system...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast