Page 258 of 259 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259 LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 2584

Thread: New speakers and amps

I'm Grant.

what is the w electric valve number?
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Jerry.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    what is the w electric valve number?
    396A - here's a pair for $80 plus delivery https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Western...8AAOSw8b1aOYY~
    Last edited by jandl100; 02-04-2018 at 11:33.
    Jerry

Qobuz Hifi / Spotify Premium streaming, SMSL M8 DAC + L-PSU, Herron VTSP-2 valve preamp, Trigon TRE 50 monoblocks, MBL 116F.

Cables: Wireworld Starlight USB, Ixos Ixotica i/c, W&M speaker cables, Belden 19364 mains cables

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I don't believe the 10 bit resolution bit in any way, shape or form. I therefore surmise I don't trust anything that guy has said about the Schitt Modi in any way, shape or form.

You can simulate bit depth in JRiver. 10 bits sounds absolutely chronic. The guy is talking out of his arse, or is a complete idiot, or has a very faulty unit.
    10 bits is more than enough for a lot of recordings. The bit depth only determines maximum and minimum amplitude, not the frequency response. Also he measures the Topping DAC by the same parameters and gets 19 bit resolution. Which does tend to indicate that it isn't a fault with the testing equipment or procedure.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200P CD Player * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'This is the sort of music I'd be listening to if I was going shopping for a training bra.'

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    396A - here's a pair for $80 plus delivery https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Western...8AAOSw8b1aOYY~
    Cheers... keep an eye out. That pair would work out at 40 each. Need to find another buyer... still to try the ones you sent.. not up to it at moment, but getting stronger...and thinner..lol
    Regards,
    Grant ....

OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/EMOTIVA XPS1/12V BATTERY - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP\WE TUBED - TWIN AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTHS - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER24, SPOTIFY - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - RPI/AUDIOPHONICS/5V BATTERY - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN/Q ACOUSTIC BT3/CANTON SUB - P.INSPIRED MAINS REGENERATED.

I'm Jerry.

Chip in with Brian.
    They are certainly worth it, imo.

You won't have to bother with those others, Grant, if you invest in the WE.
    Jerry

Qobuz Hifi / Spotify Premium streaming, SMSL M8 DAC + L-PSU, Herron VTSP-2 valve preamp, Trigon TRE 50 monoblocks, MBL 116F.

Cables: Wireworld Starlight USB, Ixos Ixotica i/c, W&M speaker cables, Belden 19364 mains cables

I'm Justin.

Yeah, me, too!

Mind you, I've asked Justin for a price but he hasn't got back to me on that yet.
    No - he's busy rushing around doing stuff and squeezing in the odd post every now and then.

I'll answer Martin's post later today...
    "I've got my giant hits discotheque album. I empty a bottle - I feel a bit free."

I'm Grant.

Chip in with Brian.
    They are certainly worth it, imo.

You won't have to bother with those others, Grant, if you invest in the WE.
    Will do
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Justin.

Mine were $5 cheaper. BUT look at the import and postage costs on top.
    "I've got my giant hits discotheque album. I empty a bottle - I feel a bit free."

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    10 bits is more than enough for a lot of recordings. The bit depth only determines maximum and minimum amplitude, not the frequency response. Also he measures the Topping DAC by the same parameters and gets 19 bit resolution. Which does tend to indicate that it isn't a fault with the testing equipment or procedure.
    I've PM'd Macca to explain this. Not the place for a discussion on digital stuff it could get way too involved.

I'm Jerry.

New preamp - Herron VTSP-2.
    6 EH ecc88 valves tucked away inside.
    I think it goes rather nicely with my 2 Trigon monoblocks.

Early days yet, only arrived this morning, but I'm really enjoying it!
    Jerry

+ Reply to Thread