+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 310 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Hmm, I seem to recall there is an internal jumper.
    Just looked in the manual I got with my new DAC and it doesn't mention it at all!

Mine came with the vc only set to adjust headphone volume, but that's fine for me with my new shitty Schiit Saga preamp.
    Yup , I remember reading somewhere that there's internal jumpers too .
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Justin.

Hmm, I seem to recall there is an internal jumper.
    Nor does mine.

It us very easy to see what to do, though. Follow the volume pot lead to the back of the casing by the tube/solid state RCA output sockets. You will see two jumpers, one for each channel. Move both forward one pin. So they end up on pins 1 & 2, then a & b. They should be on 2 & 3, then b & c now for headphone volume control.

I tried the Sylvania Gold Band 5670. You wanna be using a Western Electric 396A was my fairly rapid conclusion. That really is a good valve.

I'm Grant.

I got a pair of Reflektor 6n3 valves arrived this afternoon Jervalves today (only need one for the 01A but they were sold in pairs).
    Anyone with one of these DACs like to try my spare one?

Grant - did my valves turn up ok?
    Valves arrived this afternoon Jerry, thanks.. Good ginger biscuits those; i see you never left me any
    will give them a go soon.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Great.
    I mentioned that I had two Raytheon valves and included one in the pack I sent to you.
    I tried the one I kept in my new DAC-01A and it wasn't at all happy! Sounded faint and skewed.
    So don't worry if yours is the same.

I'm Grant.

Will watch it then. Try other 2 first
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

The one problem with the valve output stage is that the HT voltage is only 75V, it is regulated which is good but it really could do with being higher to get the best out of any valve. The actual voltage across the valve is only 62V which only exacerbates the problem.

As it is only a buffer and is at a high signal level the regulation isn't necessary, so I removed it and simplified the filtering to achieve 90V across the valve.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    The one problem with the valve output stage is that the HT voltage is only 75V, it is regulated which is good but it really could do with being higher to get the best out of any valve. The actual voltage across the valve is only 62V which only exacerbates the problem.

As it is only a buffer and is at a high signal level the regulation isn't necessary, so I removed it and simplified the filtering to achieve 90V across the valve.

Yes but your a genius . You dont have a pic of the jumper change to bring the vc into play?
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Alan.

I'll get the top off and take a pic.

I'm Alan.

OK here is the pic. The jumpers are on the rear positions of the 3 pin headers, as so:

So the jumpers are on 1-2 and a-b to give volume control on all functions.

I'm Grant.

oh, nice pic. thanks Alan...
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread