+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 310 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Run mine off 230v. Seems to be happy enough

You also run a regenerator at 230v, so even if you are using a non-export 220v model, it's not so far out of spec. Without a regenerator the UK standard (240v +/- 10%) can see voltages as high as 264v, I don't fancy how a 220v transformer would behave in those circumstances. Actually it's more than a bit irresponsible to be implicitly telling people 220v is OK when for most, it isn't safe.
    Last edited by struth; 12-03-2018 at 17:51.

I'm Martin.

Running it on too high a voltage will also cause it to fail long before it would normally be expected to.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

if they are 220 models, and lets face it they could all be, irrelevent of what the label says, then stepping down your voltage would be wise. if you dont leave it on unattended it is less of a risk .. ive ran 220v amp on 240 and it was ok, but i may have been lucky. my other one had a bucker.. much of the mains here is usually now no more than 243, and usually 237. these days. dont know if they have changed anything
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    if they are 220 models, and lets face it they could all be, irrelevent of what the label says, then stepping down your voltage would be wise. if you dont leave it on unattended it is less of a risk .. ive ran 220v amp on 240 and it was ok, but i may have been lucky. my other one had a bucker.. much of the mains here is usually now no more than 243, and usually 237. these days. dont know if they have changed anything
    There appear to be some of these labelled 110-220v, and others 220v-240. It would certainly be interesting to see if there are any material differences between the two models or if they are just labelled differently.
    differently.

I'm Justin.

Despite what I said earlier, my board review is as pictured below.

Note mains seems to be wired directly into a 110V transformer. How does that work?

Mobile pic soz.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

It's two 110v windings. Depending on how you wire it, it can do either 110v or 220v.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Duncan.

Just wire in series 110v + 110v = 220v

As all board voltages appear to be regulated there is no need for a step down device.

It's really only needed when you have ac heaters etc...

Happy Days

I'm Brian.

Can these be used without a 230V regenerator unit , at normal UK voltages ?
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by tubehunter View Post
    Just wire in series 110v + 110v = 220v

As all board voltages appear to be regulated there is no need for a step down device.

It's really only needed when you have ac heaters etc...

Happy Days
    Thanks Duncan.

Happy days.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    Can these be used without a 230V regenerator unit , at normal UK voltages ?
    Yes.

+ Reply to Thread