+ Reply to Thread
Page 244 of 310 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    5670 valves (for the DAC-01A)
    - I have RCA, Raytheon, Tesla
    I've a feeling I sold my unit with my favoured valve in it - I shall have to check back in this thread to see if I can identify what it was!
    Damn, no, I can't find any specific reference to tube rolling.
    Who the hell did I sell my DAC-01A to anyway?

Only reference to the DAC I can find is in this post from my blog.
    Back in Jan 2016!
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...397#post722397

I'm Justin.

The "Litter Singer" WTF?

Will give it a try and see what the audio quality from phone to DAC is like. TBH I can do it with the Sky box in both my systems but the SQ is shockingly poor. This HAS to be better. Maybe

I'm Grant.

Damn, no, I can't find any specific reference to tube rolling.

Only reference to the DAC I can find is in this post from my blog.
    Back in Jan 2016!
    http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...397#post722397
    not sure... firebottle?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Might be interested in valve if its a straight swap into dac. Need a week or two to save up lol
    Looks like Jerry has you covered. I would have thought the Tesla he has will be very good. Me? I just had to own a Western Electric valve. Never had one before.

I'm gone.

I've got Western Electric speaker cables.

I'm Justin.

I've got Western Electric speaker cables.
    I know. Still using them?

BTW I think they may have meant "Little Singer" but, er, got it wrong

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    And DAC-03A which has ELNA caps (good sounding caps from experience) and 192K. But Firebottle doesn't rate the valve output in that one, if I have him right.
    No it's the DAC-01A that I have modified, mainly because the valve stage input and output coupling capacitors were polyester.

I'm Alan.

I do believe it was me Jerry.
    I've just looked at the original valve and it has 3 horizontal lines on either of a star type of emblem. I assumed it was Chinese.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I've just looked at the original valve and it has 3 horizontal lines on either of a star type of emblem. I assumed it was Chinese.
    yay... i was gonna go for it as a back up but didnt have the whereforall
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Ah, so I sent it to you as per original spec.
    Hmm. I shall have to have another rolling adventure!

+ Reply to Thread