+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 310 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Yo Macca yes that is the foo.

Diceman - what I really don't like about the MiniDSP is the A/D and D/A process between the pre an power amps to enable the fucking around. And the dissimilar power amps I'd have to use. Time alignment is not an issue with a Duetta as it is excellent anyway. I do use digital processing in the form of rapidly on-the-fly GUI driven PEQ. In fact I'm cutting the 8-9K region now as I listen by a couple of DB. But it is all done without the A/D D/A intervention i.e. before the digital input hits the DAC. Good I think.

Those Jantzen inductors use lovely looking copper with silver plated tags. Much better looking than the Monocor ones I am using now. They are also massively larger and heavier than the Monocor for the same inductance (can that really be a good thing?). I've got some pretty huge Mundorfs in the crossovers too but by looks alone the Jantzens look better. Danish quality I guess.

Will wire the foo up tomoz. I will say though the Monocor stuff is brilliant for the money. Such cheapness actually sounds great right now as I am listening on some of the best speakers I have ever heard LOL.That said I did swap in a couple of original Apogee Ohmites recently to replace a couple of Monocor resistors and they are better. Still they are cheap too.

Curious as to what will happen with the foo.

Sorry Jezzer but sure you won't mind too much.

That said I completely agree the flexibility to mess around with an active solution is unparalled JP.

And a word to Ali - still have really fond memories of your OBs. Outstanding for the cost. Were you using the MiniDSP then?
    Sorry, missed this, yes was using the 2x4 MiniDSP then. The OB's are now four way and I use the 4x10HD. The speakers now sound considerably better than they did when you heard them.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    Saw the original post before the strange 4am editing LOL.

Looks very cool Jerry.

I'm gone.

I'm jp.

An all in 1! Whilst the wadia kit sounds damn good I'd be amazed if it betters your puresiund/pass setup.

I'm gone.

New headphones.

I dearly love the Fostex T50RPiii that Lawrence(001) recommended.
    The best 'phones I had owned, and far from the most expensive.

So I just couldn't resist when these Fostex Reference 'phones came along.
    Arrived today, and I am deeply in love.
    Hugely immersive, fast and powerful.

I'm gone.

New amp to play with.
    I fancied going back to valves, at least as an option, my favourite power valve is the el84, and this used but minty amp on eBay from a high end Italian dealership rather took my fancy.
    By LA Audio, I'd never heard of them. Taiwanese. They make quite a few amps ... http://www.laaudio.com.tw/products.p...0&uid=&lang=en
    According to the website they've been around for nearly 30 years.

Mine is the LA-30.
    4x el84 and 2x ecc81.
    There's a good heft to it, quite like a Leak Stereo 20 funnily enough! I've had two of those, and loved them. Similar size, weight, shape.

It came with stock valves branded LA Audio ... so I have no idea what they are!

The sound is good, nicely vibrant, if a bit laidback at the moment for my upfront tastes. So I've ordered a full set of JJ valves for it - I almost always get on with JJs.

I'm gone.

All my electronics options in one shot ...

Wadia 151 "all in one" PowerDAC. Inputs digital signal, outputs to speaker cables.

Cambridge Audio 851D DAC/pre-amp.
    Pass Labs X150 power amp.
    LA Audio LA-30 el84 integrated.

Oh, and an Arcam DV29 disc spinner, quite a posh player back in its day. I also have an out of shot Pioneer DV737 for use as a CDT.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Very bling Jerry!
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Alan.

Ooh, I like that LA amp Jerry, looks fantastic.

I'm gone.

Gold knobs, gloss black paint job, chrome chassis.

Blingy? Me?

+ Reply to Thread