+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 310 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210250300 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 3091

Thread: Justin & Jerry's Hifi Blog

I'm Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Lmao. That'll keep you busy

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    I'll probably burn some more holes into my brain from all of the lead fumes. I'll have the best knockoff reference system around when I'm done.

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nthall View Post
    I'll probably burn some more holes into my brain from all of the lead fumes. I'll have the best knockoff reference system around when I'm done.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm gone.

More vintage goodness.

It's just arrived.
    Ebay purchase - it worked until recently apparently, but now tends to pop fuses instead.

Just for decoration, but I'll get it looked at eventually.

I'm Nathan.

I've never even heard of SABA. It look cool.

I'm gone.

Interesting, and long, history - from Wiki --

SABA (Schwarzwälder Apparate-Bau-Anstalt) is a German electronics company founded in 1923 at Triberg im Schwarzwald (Black Forest), present-day Baden-Württemberg. SABA started as a clock-making company, then became a radio manufacturer, and a few years later a record label. In 1968, SABA sold the majority of the company to GTE, an American telephone company. In 1980 the company was purchased by Thomson SA and integrated as a separate business unit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SABA_(..._manufacturer)

A lot of cool looking gear!
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=SA..._AUIBigB&dpr=1

I'm Nathan.

I was just looking through the same stuff. I think some of it may have been rebranded and sold under another name here. The all in ones look really familiar down to the Dual tables, but I can't recall what name was on them.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

Do a lot of fullrange speakers.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Hmmm - I can see why you would want to keep this as an objet d'art. Nice find Jerry.
    Barry

I'm gone.

Heh heh - JBL headphones.
    £300 rrp - I paid rather less.

Actually, a lot like the JBL L110 Monitor speakers I used to own they are excellent, and not just for rock, but for any music.

OK, these have a bit of a bass boost - but well short of Beats level atrocities. Just a bit of added weight.
    Quite clear and precise, with deeep fairly solid bass.
    A little rolled off at the top, I think. Which allows them to be played seriously loud without pain. Lacking a little sparkle at the top, but very listenable over the long haul.
    Not the ultimate is resolution, but still very good.
    Amazingly cumfy.

I'm going to enjoy some time with these.

They have a built-in and thankfully switch-offable DSP function for that LIVE sound.
    As most of the reviews attest, that is best avoided most of the time.
    In 'passive' mode they are very fine indeed. For Dream Theater @11 or string quartets.

I'm Justin.

Click me!

+ Reply to Thread